Prospect Info: 53rd Overall (Round 2) Jack Studnicka (F)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When he fills out looks like a good-sized pro-style C, gotta have that two-way game to play C at the NHL level in today's game.

Bruins with 4 natural C chosen now in the 1st/2nd rounds of the last 4 drafts.

Donato
JFK
Frederic
Studnicka

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I hope we hear from Dom as well as others that have seen this boy.

I did see on line that he had a game 2 season ago where he had a fight, instigator and game misconduct.
I like that in a kid.

:laugh:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

I did see on line that he had a game 2 season ago where he had a fight, instigator and game misconduct.
I like that in a kid.

Crap.... what a horrible pick.

Bruins trying to goon up the league again......

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I like that in a kid.

Okay, so maybe he's mostly Bergeron with a little Marchand thrown in :laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I like that in a kid.

I'll be perfectly honest. I had him ranked 34th from the OHL and he was taken 11th from the O. Not because I don't believe everything I wrote about him, but because I took the whole body of work from the start of the season to the end.

He had a much better second half than first and a superb playoff performance. The PP stats everyone else are talking about aren't that great IMO. He had more GWG than PP goals on the season and he was 6th or 7th on the Generals in PP points.

But in fairness to him, most of that came after the Gennies traded Anthony Cirelli, so with more opportunity came success.

I know the Bruins saw a lot of him because they had an eye on Domenic Commisso (undrafted last year but invited to Bruins camp in the summer).

Has all the tools to play at the NHL level, and I was probably too hard on him with my rankings. He should take the next step next season with increased opportunities.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That Rinaldo pick could have been Reilly Walsh or Keith Petruzzelli

I hope Bruins remember the feeling

Walsh going to Harvard

Double pain

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'll be perfectly honest. I had him ranked 34th from the OHL and he was taken 11th from the O. Not because I don't believe everything I wrote about him, but because I took the whole body of work from the start of the season to the end.

He had a much better second half than first and a superb playoff performance. The PP stats everyone else are talking about aren't that great IMO. He had more GWG than PP goals on the season and he was 6th or 7th on the Generals in PP points.

But in fairness to him, most of that came after the Gennies traded Anthony Cirelli, so with more opportunity came success.

I know the Bruins saw a lot of him because they had an eye on Domenic Commisso (undrafted last year but invited to Bruins camp in the summer).

Has all the tools to play at the NHL level, and I was probably too hard on him with my rankings. He should take the next step next season with increased opportunities.
Good stuff

Best part is you will keep an eye on him next season for us

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Welcome to Boston! :handclap::yo:

If he makes it to the big team Jack Edwards is going to have lots of fun with his name :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I see what you did there :laugh::laugh:

If this was Ellis Island in 1920 and I was checking him in, I'd have shortened his last name to Stud.

Jack Stud

Yale QB and baseball center fielder Jack Stud who recently took up hockey has signed with the Boston Bruins of the new National Hockey Leauge and join Eddie Shore and the boys for their train ride to New York on Friday

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
DDGCUFkXUAAtg2y.jpg:large

Scouting Report

http://lastwordhockeyprospects.com/2017/06/13/jack-studnicka-scouting-report/

the name says it all STUD:yo:

I haven`t a clue about this kid but Dom`s seen more OHL games and has forgotten more about this game than I`ll ever know so I like his comments

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
I've seen Studnicka play since he first got to Oshawa and he has improved every time I've seen him. Plays a great two way game and has some decent skill. Not a bad pick at all. I might have to visit my parents (Oshawa season ticket holders) more often

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
■ Studnicka (C) — “He had a very good Under-18 [performance] in the Worlds junior tourney. Very skilled. A late bloomer. A strong second half and playoff — over a point a game in the OHL playoffs. We think he can play both wing and center. He is close to 6-2, but his frame is light. We look forward to his frame developing and we’ll see what we have there.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...o-nhl-draft/uz7ZLghFGI3oI3V1HecToO/story.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad