#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
@kingsofhockey
@kingsofhockey: This is a good time to remind everyone that Dean Lombardi has not drafted and developed a top 6 forward in his 7 years as a GM

Ouch, that's just bad.

Well, he drafted Schenn and Simmonds. They should count. I just wish we could have them back.

Jun 30, 2006
Kopitar has to bury that shot. I don't care what anyone says. He gave little effort on it and it set the tone for the game. He scores, they probably only lose by one.

Yeah, my thoughts are that half the team is half assimg it because of the upcoming Olympics. Players are focused on playing for their country and not their team.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah but we were also on the outside looking in when Terry got fired. We're still in a prime playoff spot. My beef with Sutter is that he's playing Frattin over Toffoli.

The Kings are in a prime playoff spot? Last time I checked, they would play San Jose with the Sharks having home ice, and last time I checked, the Kings weren't a very good team in San Jose. That isn't a good playoff spot, that's a death sentence. The Kings are probably going to be stuck with this spot for the rest of the season due to their play of late. Not a lot to be happy about.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Missing 1 penalty shot was not the difference in the game.

The difference again, as it has been all year is the garbage performance by some of the Kings supposed best, and certainly highest paid players and the total non-existence of the bottom six.

Just remember, the Kings didn't get an ES goal from the bottom six in three playoff rounds last year, and management returned with the same exact bottom six. That is a failure.

Maybe the Kings will get lucky again and Dustin Brown and Mike Richards will realize how dangerous it is to live and raise a family in the south bay.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Yeah but we were also on the outside looking in when Terry got fired. We're still in a prime playoff spot. My beef with Sutter is that he's playing Frattin over Toffoli.

yeah, see post #64 ^^^^ about drafting.... Frattin is just another reminder that DL needs to pick within the top 2 picks to get a serviceable first round player that actually produces!!!!

Bernier #11 turned into Frattin and goalie scrub...

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can't post much right now due to phone but when we are back to Quick sticking up for himself we are in trouble. When we are this emotionless it carries the feel of a firing/trade.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Missing 1 penalty shot was not the difference in the game.

The difference again, as it has been all year is the garbage performance by some of the Kings supposed best, and certainly highest paid players and the total non-existence of the bottom six.

Just remember, the Kings didn't get an ES goal from the bottom six in three playoff rounds last year, and management returned with the same exact bottom six. That is a failure.

Maybe the Kings will get lucky again and Dustin Brown and Mike Richards will realize how dangerous it is to live and raise a family in the south bay.

It would have definitely changed the ton of the game though. That's the point I was making.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
The only good thing that happened this game is watching a ducks fan blow his little duck caller 10 times yelling "fan since 92!" Then getting punched in the face by another ducks fan and getting thrown out.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
yeah, see post #64 ^^^^ about drafting.... Frattin is just another reminder that DL needs to pick within the top 2 picks to get a serviceable first round player that actually produces!!!!

Bernier #11 turned into Frattin and goalie scrub...

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Bernier for: Frattin, Leafs #2 in 2015 and Edmontons #3 this draft.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Anaheim is currently a hair better team than the Kings, but it really does look like the offense's confidence is just shot. Overthinking left and right.

Just in that flurry in the third:
1. That pass from Muzzin to Carter should have just gone to King.
2. Williams should have just shot instead of pass it to Brown.
3. Doughty should have just stuck with a low soft shot instead of the high one looking for a tip.

Hiller was outstanding. I'm furious at the results given the pomp and circumstance of the event, but not really that disappointed with the overall on-ice play.

Frattin in over Toffoli? Huh?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Both games against the Ducks were very winnable, plain and simple. The Ducks didn't run us over like they've done with other teams, yet we have two straight losses against them. So many chances yet nobody on this damn team can finish. We held Baldy to ZERO shots, and Perry with only one [that garbage goal] and still can't win.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Why can't DL develop top 6 forwards like good GM's?

Well in fairness to DL the only players the Kings have drafted in the first round that were projected as top sixers were Schenn and Pearson. Schenn is playing pretty well and the jury is still out on Pearson.

Hard to develop first line talent when you use first round picks on Trevor Lewis, Colten Teubert, Derek Forbort and Thomas Hickey and trade away two more picks.

It just sucks because the Kings biggest needs are a partner for Doughty and a scoring line winger, so many what ifs but the Kings could have filled atleast one of those holes if they hadn't whiffed on so many picks.

They also went defense in 07 (Hickey) when they should have gone forward (Couture, Voracek) and then went forward in 09 (Schenn) when they could have gone D (OEL)

Kings passed on Giroux, Stewart, Berglund, Couture, Alzner, Voracek, Karlsson, Eberle, OEL, Tarasenko. Even one of those guys could go a long way in making this team a lot better.

I have no issues with moving a first rounder this year, this management group is good at finding later round gems but their first round drafting has been awful and anyone who defends it is a homer. The Kings don't swing for the fences in round 1, they sacrifice bunt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad