#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
thru ds' tenure, outside of that magical 5 week stretch in may - june 2012, this team has played very average.

Now they're going waaaaaay below average, and it flat out sucks!!!!!

There is no light at the end of the tunnel - ****! They aren't even in the ******' tunnel.

******' do something lombardi!!!!

amen

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The most embarrassing regular season loss yet under this regime, and the most embarrassing that I can remember in my angered state.

- The team picked it up in the third. However...

- Matt Frattin is an awful hockey player. Which scout told DL to pick this guy up? He doesn't fight through checks, can't shoot, can't control passes, can't make passes. He's the worst forward on this team, at least we know Fraser will mix it up and put us in beneficial 4 on 4 situations, but Frattin does absolutely nothing.

- Kopitar had to score on that penalty shot. Guy is paid to score and shoots a garbage shot right at Hiller. Things may have turned out differently had he scored.

- The Kings have to stop shooting from all areas. The selective shot mentality is disturbing. It's alright to shoot from the point, but not the slot? It's alright to delay slap shots from the point until guys clog shooting lanes? It's alright to shoot from the goal-line, but not the faceoff dot?

The Kings are going nowhere fast. The most explosive player on the team is a right winger who Sutter continues to want to place on the second line. The highest paid guys on the team are playing like bums. Our two centers, creating nothing, having minimal impact.

Anaheim are a better team than the Kings too. Makes it worse.

HolyShot*

thru DS' tenure, outside of that magical 5 week stretch in May - June 2012, this team has played VERY average.

Now they're going waaaaaay below average, and it flat out SUCKS!!!!!

There is no light at the end of the tunnel - ****! they aren't even in the ******' tunnel.

******' do something Lombardi!!!!

I kind of agree with this here. I'm not sure DL has what it takes to build another winner. Thinking maybe 2012 was a...wait for it...fluke?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's come to the point where I don't care if they fired Sutter. They're back to playing the same lifeless and flat brand of hockey we were used to watching with Terry Murray behind the bench. **** it, shake things up and trade a player to send a message, I don't care who. This team has zero depth up front and no consistency.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Well obviously you weren't watching the same game. The Kings were all over Anaheim, and both goals they scored (excluding the empty netter) were very flukey goals. These are just the kind of bounces you get when you're slumping. The shots were 36-20 and if someone could please let me know how many blocked shots Anaheim had, that would be nice.

I was watching a team that seemed content pissing around on the boards and firing perimeter shots from acute angles. We just arent successful unless we bring our heavy game, which didn't seem in attendance.

HolyShot*

The most embarrassing regular season loss yet under this regime, and the most embarrassing that I can remember in my angered state.

- The team picked it up in the third. However...

- Matt Frattin is an awful hockey player. Which scout told DL to pick this guy up? He doesn't fight through checks, can't shoot, can't control passes, can't make passes. He's the worst forward on this team, at least we know Fraser will mix it up and put us in beneficial 4 on 4 situations, but Frattin does absolutely nothing.

- Kopitar had to score on that penalty shot. Guy is paid to score and shoots a garbage shot right at Hiller. Things may have turned out differently had he scored.

- The Kings have to stop shooting from all areas. The selective shot mentality is disturbing. It's alright to shoot from the point, but not the slot? It's alright to delay slap shots from the point until guys clog shooting lanes? It's alright to shoot from the goal-line, but not the faceoff dot?

The Kings are going nowhere fast. The most explosive player on the team is a right winger who Sutter continues to want to place on the second line. The highest paid guys on the team are playing like bums. Our two centers, creating nothing, having minimal impact.

Good players miss penalty shots all the time. YOu can't pin the **** performance on him.

KingKopitar11*

I just observed that Carter and Richards are playing like they're demoralized (read: no LW they're actually comfy with *coughCarcillo/Gagnecough*).

Kings fans, as long as Carter and Richards are playing demoralized, say goodbye to the 2014 Stanley Cup, let alone a three-peat.

Carter had the most shots.. I think he's the only one for forwards really trying.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@kingsofhockey
@kingsofhockey: This is a good time to remind everyone that Dean Lombardi has not drafted and developed a top 6 forward in his 7 years as a GM

Ouch, that's just bad.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Kopitar has to bury that shot. I don't care what anyone says. He gave little effort on it and it set the tone for the game. He scores, they probably only lose by one.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, with all this talk about outplaying teams, well guess what. The Kings have outplayed teams in nearly every game for the last month, and they've still lost a majority of them or were only able to score 2 goals and win. That means that the Kings aren't a very good hockey team. Good hockey teams win when they outplay their opponents. If the Kings can only score 2 goals in their best performances, it's because the players on the team aren't good enough to do better.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
@kingsofhockey
@kingsofhockey: This is a good time to remind everyone that Dean Lombardi has not drafted and developed a top 6 forward in his 7 years as a GM

Ouch, that's just bad.

I'll let the drafting aspect of it slide. Our defense and goaltending is ferocious.

Besides that, he needs to get it done.

KingKopitar11*

@kingsofhockey

Ouch, that's just bad.

He drafts...uhmmm...intangibles :laugh:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
It kind of feels like the final few games under TM.

Yeah but we were also on the outside looking in when Terry got fired. We're still in a prime playoff spot. My beef with Sutter is that he's playing Frattin over Toffoli.

KingKopitar11*

Also, with all this talk about outplaying teams, well guess what. The Kings have outplayed teams in nearly every game for the last month, and they've still lost a majority of them or were only able to score 2 goals and win. That means that the Kings aren't a very good hockey team. Good hockey teams win when they outplay their opponents. If the Kings can only score 2 goals in their best performances, it's because the players on the team aren't good enough to do better.

Dude did you get an infraction :amazed:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Darryl Sutter isn't going to get fired. Teams go through slumps. Ups & downs happen in an NHL season. My issue is that Lombardi knows there's obviously a top 6 problem, there's been a top 6 problem since Terry Murray's first year. This team, this core has a tough time putting the puck in the net.

Why does Matt Frattin get to play in the top 6 over Toffoli? This is my issue.

And you really don't think Murray and Sutter running exactly the same game style has nothing to do with that ?????

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Yeah but we were also on the outside looking in when Terry got fired. We're still in a prime playoff spot. My beef with Sutter is that he's playing Frattin over Toffoli.

I agree that Toffoli should have been in the lineup as well. TT scores a hatty and gets the call up to be a HS.

Thanks Sutter!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad