#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I remember when Sutter had his team sharp and ready. Now they are slow, uncreative and nonphysical. Well the light at the of the tunnel is that we were in this position two years ago and we know what happen at the end of year

Yeah, cause that could happen again....keep dreaming.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This is probably one of the single most embarrassing moments I've ever had as a Kings fan.

To have an event like this, and not even be able to put up a single goal. Shameful.

This was supposed to be a showcase for the NHL, and Kings couldn't even make a game out of it.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
That felt like a few days of travelling to nowhere.

Worst part, I expected nothing less. Certainly not a win or, heaven forbid, a goal.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I just observed that Carter and Richards are playing like they're demoralized (read: no LW they're actually comfy with *coughCarcillo/Gagnecough*).

Kings fans, as long as Carter and Richards are playing demoralized, say goodbye to the 2014 Stanley Cup, let alone a three-peat.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
We didn't outplay ****, we got our ass handed to us.

Well obviously you weren't watching the same game. The Kings were all over Anaheim, and both goals they scored (excluding the empty netter) were very flukey goals. These are just the kind of bounces you get when you're slumping. The shots were 36-20 and if someone could please let me know how many blocked shots Anaheim had, that would be nice.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
thru DS' tenure, outside of that magical 5 week stretch in May - June 2012, this team has played VERY average.

Now they're going waaaaaay below average, and it flat out SUCKS!!!!!

There is no light at the end of the tunnel - ****! they aren't even in the ******' tunnel.

******' do something Lombardi!!!!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
From the highest of highs to one of the lowest lows. Depressing. Feel bad for all of us, especially those who went to the game. To have nothing to cheer for after a night like that is just sad.

HolyShot*

so who gets traded?

I'm gonna say, Vey, Weal and a 2nd will be traded for someone like Moulson who will not really bring anything to the team...just more losing.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Darryl Sutter isn't going to get fired. Teams go through slumps. Ups & downs happen in an NHL season. My issue is that Lombardi knows there's obviously a top 6 problem, there's been a top 6 problem since Terry Murray's first year. This team, this core has a tough time putting the puck in the net.

Why does Matt Frattin get to play in the top 6 over Toffoli? This is my issue.

Yes, they do. But elite teams don't go through more than one month worth of slumps.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Well obviously you weren't watching the same game. The Kings were all over Anaheim, and both goals they scored (excluding the empty netter) were very flukey goals. These are just the kind of bounces you get when you're slumping. The shots were 36-20 and if someone could please let me know how many blocked shots Anaheim had, that would be nice.

Shot totals tell nothing about the story of this game. Up until the very end of the game, Hiller had to do nothing but glove shots from the blueline with zero traffic. The Ducks outplayed the Kings, and it wasn't even close

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The end of that game said it all. Buzzer sounded and Brown just sat there on the bench by himself , while everybody went to the locker room.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I cant believe I put so much damn time into this game, started watching the brodcast at like 4:30. So glad I didnt pay to see this. This is just garbage.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I just observed that Carter and Richards are playing like they're demoralized (read: no LW they're actually comfy with *coughCarcillo/Gagnecough*).

Kings fans, as long as Carter and Richards are playing demoralized, say goodbye to the 2014 Stanley Cup, let alone a three-peat.

????

Carter has been fine, he has been the only King that has been able to score. He is not demoralized in any way whatsoever.

KingKopitar11*

Whoever thinks we out played them should remember, they scored their goals and went into a turtle, they played in their zone the whole time knowing we couldn't score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad