GDT: #53 – Sharks at Sabres – Tue Feb 7, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Eichel may be a bit of a ******? Don't care. :)

I don't think the concern is fans being offended. Its that hopefully Eichel isn't soft mentally and won't be effected negatively as a result of fans booing, or pull a Chris Drury and leave because of the small town pressure.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Didn't he get tired of putting up with people at grocery stores and stuff talking about his game or something like that?

Good going Wegmans Shoppers....

Seriously though, there is no such thing as small town pressure. There is literally zero pressure playing in Buffalo. There is one newspaper/organization that covers the team and the franchise hates them anyway. The Sabres have never won a cup so there is no pressure to win.

If Drury really couldn't handle people at Wegmans coming up to him he chose NYC of all places to go ? :help:

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016

I think what he meant was that in a small city like Buffalo, everyone knows you. Whereas in NYC / LA you can hide out because you're just another guy with a lot of money -- at least to a certain extent.

Given the fact that Buffalo controls Eichel's rights for what, another 6 years, I would not be concerned. He's not going anywhere. He will be paid accordingly to be a Sabre for 15 years.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Good going Wegmans Shoppers....

Seriously though, there is no such thing as small town pressure. There is literally zero pressure playing in Buffalo. There is one newspaper/organization that covers the team and the franchise hates them anyway. The Sabres have never won a cup so there is no pressure to win.

If Drury really couldn't handle people at Wegmans coming up to him he chose NYC of all places to go ? :help:
Wouldn't that put more pressure to win a cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad