Post-Game Talk: #52 | FLYERS (H) vs. Penguins (A) | Monday, May, 3, 2021 | Win 7-2

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe thats why.....:sarcasm:
tenor.gif

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
A solid and needed win for the team and the fans.

In a straight 1-16 playoff format, we'd be 4 points out of a playoff spot.

Instead we're out by 14 points.

If we don't win out, we'll probably pick around 12-14th.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We'll get another solid prospect who should be ready to play in 2-3 years.
Hopefully, a RHD or center will be the BPA where we pick.
Though I'd be willing to use a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to move up to target a player, we need quality over quantity right now.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
We'll get another solid prospect who should be ready to play in 2-3 years.
Hopefully, a RHD or center will be the BPA where we pick.
Though I'd be willing to use a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to move up to target a player, we need quality over quantity right now.

Yeah moving up would be great... though there's a lot more guesswork in this year's drafting. So is it worth it?

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We score 7 goals and Patrick is not a factor in any single one of them?

welp....

I also see that Braun was 2nd in defense ice time..lolz never change AV, never change

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Patrick suddenly forgot how to play hockey, this is a kid who dominated the CHL at 17 before the injuries, and while he struggled at 19 and 20 years old coming off surgeries, he still scored at a 1.49 and 1.63 pp/60 rate. So I just have to write this season off for him. Maybe there's impacts from whatever his migraine treatment is, maybe he's a COVID long hauler, maybe the weird season has messed up his timing and feel for the game.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I doubt Patrick suddenly forgot how to play hockey, this is a kid who dominated the CHL at 17 before the injuries, and while he struggled at 19 and 20 years old coming off surgeries, he still scored at a 1.49 and 1.63 pp/60 rate. So I just have to write this season off for him. Maybe there's impacts from whatever his migraine treatment is, maybe he's a COVID long hauler, maybe the weird season has messed up his timing and feel for the game.
I'm willing to write this season off for him, but next year there will be no excuses.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I can give him a pass this season because of the hell he's been through the last 2 seasons, but next season is make or break for him IMO.

The weird part is he started this season of pretty good, but has been a complete non-factor for the last 40 games

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I can give him a pass this season because of the hell he's been through the last 2 seasons, but next season is make or break for him IMO.

The weird part is he started this season of pretty good, but has been a complete non-factor for the last 40 games

I'd even be happy with a 30-35 point season from Patrick. At least that would be back to his NHL baseline.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
You know this season is a waste when we beat the Pens 7-2 and two hours later we still are only on the second page of the thread.

I watched the game. The five take home messages in order of importance:

1.Taryn looks fairly decent when we win. But she wears a cross, likes square dancing and C&W music.......yikes 3 red flags for sure.
2. Tiger Pants was on fire with his collage.
3. TK got away from death row Dogman.
4. PK still stinks.
5. Lyon was pretty good, if Hart played like Lyon did, would we be in the playoffs? Good question Rommy.......

Mirage

Benoit Groulx.........

Reactions: pit

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I don't want to completely write this kid off, but perhaps expectations based on draft status might be a bit too high. Next year, I believe is the year. A very long off-season to train and be ready to go come training camp (whenever the hell that is).

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA

Jumped the gun with my response. Apologies..

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017

maybe he just doesn't "want it" ..... :skeptic:

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
maybe he just doesn't "want it" ..... :skeptic:

Maybe Patrick needs Frost on LW and Foerster on RW thinks Rommy.

What a waste of Frost and Foerster, Rommy.

OK.....how about Frost centering Foerster and Ratcliffe, Ratcliffe and Foerster works pretty good in LV even when centered by ancient history Mueller.

Your thinking Rommy is much better.

20200911_102046.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Maybe Patrick needs Frost on LW and Foerster on RW thinks Rommy.

What a waste of Frost and Foerster, Rommy.

OK.....how about Frost centering Foerster and Ratcliffe, Ratcliffe and Foerster works pretty good in LV even when centered by ancient history Mueller.

Your thinking Rommy is much better.

View attachment 429629

Man, this isuch a heavenly beast. And infinitely more entertaining - even in still frame - than any flyers game of the last 2 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad