Post-Game Talk: #52 | FLYERS (H) vs. Penguins (A) | Monday, May, 3, 2021 | Win 7-2

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
200-2.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
LOL Ghost, who had a fantastic game individually, didn't even play a single minute at 5v5 with ANY of the top 6 forwards. Closest was 0:45 with Giroux and TK. Meanwhile 6+ minutes with each of the bottom 6, who got wrecked.

81d402cdcf34110c83d1c1f186abb807.png

Meanwhile Braun played 10 minutes with the top line at 5v5. :laugh:

Also, again, hooooly shit that top line dominated tonight.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
yup....who cares that we won 7-2. Gotta get Ghost better stat sheet numbers! That should be our goal!

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Looking at those big 5v5 Corsi numbers for Couturier/Giroux/Konecny reveals an interesting detail -- they were almost all accrued against Crosby/Guentzel/Rust. Spread out among the defensemen and they barely got any time or events against anybody else.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I kind of laughed to myself that Lyon was named 1st star, but I wonder how different the game would have played out if Lyon doesn't stop that Guentzel chance about 3 and a half minutes into the first.

It had been a long time since the Flyers laid an enjoyable beat down on someone. Didn't think we were getting one in these final 5 games this year. :amazed:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Looking at those big 5v5 Corsi numbers for Couturier/Giroux/Konecny reveals an interesting detail -- they were almost all accrued against Crosby/Guentzel/Rust. Spread out among the defensemen and they barely got any time or events against anybody else.
TK needs to be benched next game.
G needs to work harder.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This just proves my point, TK, not Voracek, should be with G and Couts. TK was a bundle of energy and drove that line.
Farabee, Frost, Allison need to play major minutes next season.
Patch together a third line from Laughton, Lindblom, Hayes, Patrick, Voracek, JVR.
Cates/Laughton - Laczynski - NAK/Patrick as the 4th line

If Myers/Sanheim can cut back the mistakes, they're a solid 2nd pair.
Ghost turned 28 in April, he's much better this year, but not a player you build around, he had some nice plays and some egregious turnovers. He's a solid complementary player, but we need someone better on the first pair. He is their best PP QB until York/Zamula show they can handle the role.

Lyon played well, and gee whiz, when they get decent goaltending, surprise, they can play with anyone.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
LOL Ghost, who had a fantastic game individually, didn't even play a single minute at 5v5 with ANY of the top 6 forwards. Closest was 0:45 with Giroux and TK. Meanwhile 6+ minutes with each of the bottom 6, who got wrecked.

81d402cdcf34110c83d1c1f186abb807.png

Meanwhile Braun played 10 minutes with the top line at 5v5. :laugh:

Also, again, hooooly shit that top line dominated tonight.
Maybe thats why.....:sarcasm:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
i just stopped here to say:

GREAT COACH, GREAT STAFF

They are doing all the right things! It was only Covids fault!

We will win Stanley next season!

Thx for your time folks!

Greetings to Deadhead! I am sorry i doubted you soooo long!

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The team did play well, the Pens were flat, but we've seen this the last month or so, anytime the goalie plays decently, it seems to lift the team - almost as if they subconsciously expect the goalie to screw the pooch and get energized when he makes the routine saves. It wasn't even that Lyon played great, just didn't put them in a 2 goal hole by giving up easy goals.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad