3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
oKtD5v0_d.jpg

Can someone shop Panarin either as the pizza or superimpose his face onto sams so it looks like Bread is the one eating the pizza with that psychotic desire ?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Kravtsov by the way has 6 pts in his last 8 games.

and on another note Gorton not budging on Georgiev is really something. Are we seriously going to do this 3 goalie garbage rest of the year?
And all of next season too? Also that return on Campbell was garbage. I would not be happy getting Trevor Moore for Georgiev. You say "not budging" but Gorton is really just making sure he gets the return he wants. You don't trade Georgiev just for the sake of trading him. Let's wait till after the TDL to make these sort of accusations, please?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You know what might have worked? Georgiev and Staal for Bracco or a third or something. Staal would be quite useful for the Leafs.

Reactions: bl02

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Team seems to be coming together here recently! I like a lot of what I’m seeing. The defense is engaging much better, defensive responsibility seems to be more in the minds of the players, better coaching moves( although still odd how the lines keep getting switched for no real reason.) Overall, this is what I expected from this team all along. It’s too bad it took them close to 45 games to put it together but these last 5 games are why I’ve thought this team could contend for a playoff spot.

Reactions: belford22

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We shouldn't be surprised. Toronto has a very good goaltender and were always in the market for a backup.

Only a team looking for a starter will pay the price we want for Georgiev.

Honestly I felt all along the return was the same as Talbot, we were posturing for a 1st rounder then too but had to settle. I'm not sure why people felt Georgie was gonna change the landscape for a deadline goalie. Hopefully I'm wrong but history tends to repeat itself in these situations.

Reactions: Machinehead

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m just going to keep posting this as I have the past few weeks

want to win games keep playing playing Shesterkin that’s all he does is win games.

There’s something very real about guys that are not just good but good situational goalies that make timely saves. That know how to read the situation in game of what the team needs to win. Mike richter was one.

shesterkin knows how to protect a lead. He knows how to keep his team in games and he knows how to not to give up that go ahead goal or the back breaker that puts a game out of reach. He’s been doing that for years.

I just read a tweet he’s lost like 24 games total since 2012. 24 total!

I knew at 3-1 the game was over. Regardless of what the final score would be I knew with him back there the game was over and it was. A garbage time goal didn’t change that.

if he plays Friday against the Sabres we’ll win that game too.

Last edited:

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Buch can be such a dynamic and effective player, its a shame he needs to be benched every 8 games to pull that out of him

Also, i admittedly didn't watch the entire game but Fox looked like he was making plays all over the ice despite not showing up on the score sheet.

And that pass from Tony D on Chytil's goal was disgusting

Reactions: 28BHM and belford22

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Buch can be such a dynamic and effective player, its a shame he needs to be benched every 8 games to pull that out of him

Also, i admittedly didn't watch the entire game but Fox looked like he was making plays all over the ice despite not showing up on the score sheet.

And that pass from Tony D on Chytil's goal was disgusting

Fox was outstanding. Our entire right side D was so good doing their things

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m just going to keep posting this as I have the past few weeks

want to win games keep playing playing Shesterkin that’s all he does is win games.

There’s something very real about guys that are not just good but good situational goalies that make timely saves. That know how to read the situation in game of what the team needs to win. Mike richter was one.

shesterkin knows how to protect a lead. He knows how to keep his team in games and he knows how to not to give up that go ahead goal or the back breaker that puts a game out of reach. He’s been doing that for years.

I just read a tweet he’s lost like 24 games total since 2012. 24 total!

I knew at 3-1 the game was over. Regardless of what the final score would be I knew with him back there the game was over and it was. A garbage time goal didn’t change that.

if he plays Friday against the Sabres we’ll win that game too.
Great point about “winning” goaltending.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Quickie deserves more love. He made so many good defensive plays last night.[/]
Yeah, but he’ll have to stand in line behind Fox, who was even more impressive and isn’t getting near enough votes.
Too many guys were too impressive . He was good, but I’d put him well behind Fox and Chytil, for example, and they’re both barely receiving any votes.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Quickie deserves more love. He made so many good defensive plays last night.
He will be missed. He makes so many little defensive plays and also plays in the offensive zone not many guys on this team makes. Would love to resign him for 2-3 years but not sure that happens

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He will be missed. He makes so many little defensive plays and also plays in the offensive zone not many guys on this team makes. Would love to resign him for 2-3 years but not sure that happens

Where is he going? I'm doubtful they are moving him

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
McKegg takes a terrible penalty in 3rd to let the Leafs bring it within one, then gets rewarded to play on the ice with a minute left in the game? Okay.

This guy is terrible, can we get him off the team?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
McKegg takes terrible penalty in 3rd to let the Leafs bring it within one, then gets rewarded to play on the ice with a minute left in the game? Okay.

This guy is terrible, can we get him off the team?

I honestly feel they are trying to make him "tradeable" get another late pick for him

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fox and Lindgren D pairing was great all game. Wasn’t too upset with the icings considering the last one wasn’t an icing.

KZB was red hot. Panarin was quiet but that’s good, to still score 5 goals and he was not on the scoresheet. Have two legit scoring lines now.

Toronto is a mess now, this is why you cannot lock up 3 guys at 11 million which is like 40% of your cap and expect to fix other issues with the team.

You know how I feel about the Kreider situation. Will leave it at that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
McKegg will be gone

like I said last night with a minute to go Quinn somehow thought it smart to have McKegg Buchnevich and Strome on the ice to protect the lead. He is not smart he got extremely lucky that we were able to score there. That is unacceptable coaching. The whole night was. The lines 2-4 never stopped jumbling. Was a mess.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I like the way Gorts is building from Goalie to Defense now onto Centers and Wings...Leafs are too top heavy and need to defend. I would bet starting from today and moving forward 5 years we win more playoff games and series than them.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I like the way Gorts is building from Goalie to Defense now onto Centers and Wings...Leafs are too top heavy and need to defend. I would bet starting from today and moving forward 5 years we win more playoff games and series than them.

Is he, really? Panarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad