Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pretty dramatic improvement over the last 25 games:

shotPlot-25-5v5-cor.png

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Just not true. He can only be faulted on the 2nd goal. The others were not his fault at all. He played great and made some amazing saves. This kid is the real deal. He has been brilliant in every league he has played in and their is zero doubt in my mind that he will be great in NHL as well.

So you want me to believe that Hank would not have been killed for that rebound that led to the 1st goal?

Not buying it.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
apologies if this is called out above - kudos to Valiquette's review of the JT 1-0 goal against -
precise video showing both
- the TML F interfering w Skjei (holding Skjei's stick against his body) and then
- Shesty's stick caught in Skjei's jersey as Igor reacts to the play.
Great stuff. Stevie V has been a great add to the broadcasts

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Looking at the postgame thread on the leafs board, and i have to laugh at some of this stuff:

- Praising Hyman for his (dirty) hit on Trouba
- Saying Shesterkin is an unknown goalie from out of the AHL
- Blaming the refs for the loss
- "All that **** about playing for the crest and changing the culture was garbage. Mats Sundin for new gm, Gilmour for coach and Gary Roberts head trainer. Get some leafs in there that played with heart and ship all these primadonnas out of town"

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Looking at the postgame thread on the leafs board, and i have to laugh at some of this stuff:

- "All that **** about playing for the crest and changing the culture was garbage. Mats Sundin for new gm, Gilmour for coach and Gary Roberts head trainer. Get some leafs in there that played with heart and ship all these primadonnas out of town"

I read some of that stuff too. Delusional. That hit on Trouba was a dangerous and stupid and if the roles were reversed and that happened to a Leaf they would be whining about incessantly. Leafs fans are among the worst. They are bitter and frustrated after 52 years without a cup and thought they had a team that could contend for one. Not with that atrocious D and now suspect goaltending. They have a good chance of not even making the playoffs, lol.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

They’re basically the Cowboys of the NHL, delusional fanbase and undeserved media hype.

Just revel in the fact that they “rebuilt” themselves from a mediocre, cap strapped team....into a mediocre, cap strapped team.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

These are all opinions that can be found in other Rangers threads about the other guys.

Reactions: romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just saw Ruff as he was passing by near 6Ave / Broadway along 34 toward MSG (as I am waiting for my SI express bus)

Reactions: egelband

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Why does he have to be a star exactly? Why can't he be a solid top 6 guy who scores 40-50 points a year? He has created a lot of offense this year and has done some good things but until recently he's had a problem burying his chances. Not everybody is a Panarin or Mika. If we are going to trade Kreider and possibly Strome or Fast I wouldn't be trading another forward. This is a position we need more depth, not less.

It wasn't really about being a star, it was about being the guy who generally under-performs compared to his ability. I prefer guys who are more steady and perhaps overachieve a bit. Buch pouts too much for me and misses SO many chances. I'm just not a big fan of his game.

BTW, I won't miss Strome even a little. His game is an illusion - like Niklas Sundstrom back in the day playing with the Great One. Kreider is guy who hasn't quite reach his potential so I'm ok with seeing what we get for him. He's the Daryl Strawberry of the Rangers, should be a 40 goal guy. Fast is good but overrated by fans who like intangibles more than results. The rebuild will be fine without them.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
He's at 4-1 with a .922 to start his career, neither other NYR goaltender is at .910.

I think it's more a reflection that he has yet to have a real stinker of a game.

And the timing of the big saves which is not measured by any stat.

Reactions: Kovalev27

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It wasn't really about being a star, it was about being the guy who generally under-performs compared to his ability. I prefer guys who are more steady and perhaps overachieve a bit. Buch pouts too much for me and misses SO many chances. I'm just not a big fan of his game.

BTW, I won't miss Strome even a little. His game is an illusion - like Niklas Sundstrom back in the day playing with the Great One. Kreider is guy who hasn't quite reach his potential so I'm ok with seeing what we get for him. He's the Daryl Strawberry of the Rangers, should be a 40 goal guy. Fast is good but overrated by fans who like intangibles more than results. The rebuild will be fine without them.

So you are ok with trading Buch, Kreider, Strome, and Fast. All 4 of them have played top 6 minutes BTW. Who exactly is going to play forward? We are thin at that position right now.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Had a lot of laughs at the game last night. So satisfying watching a rookie netminder, and a club on the rebuild take it to one of the best clubs in the league. Garden was a little extra juiced last night. Came to life. Haven't seen that in my last few games especially on weeknight games.

One area of concern.

2 Tap Bud Lights = $27!
That’s essentially ONE BEER for $27!

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
he has to move laterally on the rush made a great save point blank and you’re upset with the rebound? Lol

That is not what I said. I dont consider the 1st goal to be soft. My point is that if Hank would have been the one with that rebound he would have been killed for it. Not to mention the Matthews backhand, Hank would have been dragged to the shed and shot.

I think Shesty was fine despite his .900 stat. He Made some amazing saves but he was not the reason the Rangers won. The offence gave him a 3-1 lead late into the 3rd and he almost couldnt hang on to it.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Just wanted to pass on a quick congratulations on beating us Friday night guys, good luck with the rest of your season. You're :welcome: For the 2 points

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That is not what I said. I dont consider the 1st goal to be soft. My point is that if Hank would have been the one with that rebound he would have been killed for it. Not to mention the Matthews backhand, Hank would have been dragged to the shed and shot.

I think Shesty was fine despite his .900 stat. He Made some amazing saves but he was not the reason the Rangers won. The offence gave him a 3-1 lead late into the 3rd and he almost couldnt hang on to it.

“almost couldn’t hang on to it” is not a thing

he was in control the entire game. Again timely saves. Situationally Clutch. Matthews scores a garbage time goal on the pp at the end of a period that we had full control of. The second period where Toronto really made a push he held us in. Never gave up the tying goal. Didn’t give up the go ahead goal.

by the way on the first goal I’d be surprised if hank made the first save let alone be able to stop Tavares on the rebound.

Toronto is literally one of if not the highest scoring teams in the league. Deadly. Lucky to hold them to 3 goals. Normally if you do you win the game.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
by the way on the first goal I’d be surprised if hank made the first save let alone be able to stop Tavares on the rebound.
A number of high danger high quality shots Shesty was on top of the crease aggressively making saves even though there were technically passing options available. He's confident in his speed and reads and for the D to help him out a bit and can still be aggressive. Hank no longer has that edge unfortunately and stays deeper and as a result too often allows the perfect shot to beat him cleanly. Shesty is making those saves right now.

The Stars broadcast crew was commenting on Hank and Georgiev when we played them. They said Hank was very underwhelming at practice that day and Georgiev was significantly more impressive. That was after they were heaping praise on Hank as the ambassador of hockey for the first half of the game. Of course it was only practice they were commentating on, but it says alot. (NYR broadcast crew wouldn't be caught dead saying such blasphemous things which is unfortunate, hence why I no longer use our home broadcast crew.)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hanks style was never going to be conducive to playing into his late 30s. He was famous for his reflex and recovery speed which allowed him to play on the goal line and take away lateral plays without much movement. He could never move around like a Quick or Shesterkin that was not his game.

but being undersized and relying on Hall of fame reflexes meant that as soon as he began to slow down he’d need to adjust. And he’s tried at different times to play more aggressively but once again he’s not a guy that can move like that and make up for it. He needs to play deep. He’s just not quick enough to do it anymore.

that Blake comeau goal he’s deep and gets a puck blown by him. It wasnt a bar down perfect shot.

shesterkin made a save on the exact same play against Toronto Same angle but he’s out at the top of the crease holds his edges longer and it actually hits top of his leg pad.

the speed of the game is just too much for hank at this point for his style of play. If he’s was 6’4 and could rely on size and angles he’d be luongo and play till he’s 40. But he’s not.

I’ve honestly never seen a goalie play that deep at this level and be as good as hank has been. He’s a freak that’s how fast he was. Really an unbelievable generational talent.

But time waits for no man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad