• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I’m just going to keep posting this as I have the past few weeks

want to win games keep playing playing Shesterkin that’s all he does is win games.

There’s something very real about guys that are not just good but good situational goalies that make timely saves. That know how to read the situation in game of what the team needs to win. Mike richter was one.

shesterkin knows how to protect a lead. He knows how to keep his team in games and he knows how to not to give up that go ahead goal or the back breaker that puts a game out of reach. He’s been doing that for years.

I just read a tweet he’s lost like 24 games total since 2012. 24 total!

I knew at 3-1 the game was over. Regardless of what the final score would be I knew with him back there the game was over and it was. A garbage time goal didn’t change that.

if he plays Friday against the Sabres we’ll win that game too.
A very good post. I thought the same thing after the game last night. If we want to win, we have to let Igor ride.

Reactions: belford22

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Had a lot of laughs at the game last night. So satisfying watching a rookie netminder, and a club on the rebuild take it to one of the best clubs in the league. Garden was a little extra juiced last night. Came to life. Haven't seen that in my last few games especially on weeknight games.

One area of concern.

2 Tap Bud Lights = $27!

Reactions: egelband and Embryo

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Had a lot of laughs at the game last night. So satisfying watching a rookie netminder, and a club on the rebuild take it to one of the best clubs in the league. Garden was a little extra juiced last night. Came to life. Haven't seen that in my last few games especially on weeknight games.

One area of concern.

2 Tap Bud Lights = $27!

Here in Vegas, that would cost you $34 for two tall cans.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

One area of concern.

2 Tap Bud Lights = $27!

That's why I usually have drinks before I go to the game. I tend to hit Barcade over on 24th before a game. Can get some craft beer there, play some TMNT or Street Fighter, and then head to the game.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Toronto broadcast was saying they should have had a better result. Not so sure about that, we made smart defensive plays and worked them pretty well in the o zone. Other teams don't realize what the Rangers look like when they're playing bad lol, last night was STELLAR in that regard.

Also everytime Shesty made a nice save from a high danger in close area the Toronto guys would complement him but then would harp on 'all the available rebounds' he's leaving. As if the standard NHL goalie swallows point blank, bang bang shots from 12 feet out without a rebound everytime. Suuuuuure they do. Let us know how that's worked out this season for you so far. Though tbh on the second goal (rebound kicked to the slot area) I wasn't thrilled with it, but it was more an issue of overcommiting past the post on a weak shot which left him vulnerable for the rebound in the slot area, more so than an issue with the rebound itself. 3rd goal on Matthews backhand 5 hole was pretty weaksauce, Shesty practically had the side boards covered he was so spread out (unless I didn't see it properly). Overall a good game for him with some great saves, bent and didn't break and we got the W. I'll be tougher on him once he's no longer a rookie, dw Hank fans.

Reactions: egelband

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Buch can be such a dynamic and effective player, its a shame he needs to be benched every 8 games to pull that out of him

Also, i admittedly didn't watch the entire game but Fox looked like he was making plays all over the ice despite not showing up on the score sheet.

And that pass from Tony D on Chytil's goal was disgusting

People like him, in life not just in sports, either lack the drive to be great or are head cases who can't sustain greatness because of their lack of confidence. You rarely see someone emerge from this situation and become a star. I would trade Buch.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Are people praising Shesterkin for a .900 game where he let up an absolutely brutal goal to Matthews?

I'm not saying Shesterkin was bad, he was fine, but... he wasnt exactly standing on his head last game.

Reactions: Siddi

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
That's why I usually have drinks before I go to the game. I tend to hit Barcade over on 24th before a game. Can get some craft beer there, play some TMNT or Street Fighter, and then head to the game.

I was very loyal to Cafe 31 since early 2000's. Great place and had some great memories. Lots of players, lots of former players as well would frequent there. Gresh, Kotsy, Fotiu, Duguay, Colton Orr, Shanny, Drury, Avery...After around the 2nd phase of the renovation for the Garden it sort of lost its appeal. They sold it. Its now Tracks.

I have to find a new place.

Last edited:

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Toronto broadcast was saying they should have had a better result. Not so sure about that, we made smart defensive plays and worked them pretty well in the o zone. Other teams don't realize what the Rangers look like when they're playing bad lol, last night was STELLAR in that regard.

Also everytime Shesty made a nice save from a high danger in close area the Toronto guys would complement him but then would harp on 'all the available rebounds' he's leaving. As if the standard NHL goalie swallows point blank, bang bang shots from 12 feet out without a rebound everytime. Suuuuuure they do. Let us know how that's worked out this season for you so far. Though tbh on the second goal (rebound kicked to the slot area) I wasn't thrilled with it, but it was more an issue of overcommiting past the post on a weak shot which left him vulnerable for the rebound in the slot area, more so than an issue with the rebound itself. 3rd goal on Matthews backhand 5 hole was pretty weaksauce, Shesty practically had the side boards covered he was so spread out (unless I didn't see it properly). Overall a good game for him with some great saves, bent and didn't break and we got the W. I'll be tougher on him once he's no longer a rookie, dw Hank fans.
They showed that third goal from overhead. Shesty was looking to his right. He thought the puck was still behind the net. You can see his head go from over left shoulder, shift quickly to over right shoulder. He had no idea it went out front. That’s why the weak backhander got through

Reactions: romba

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Are people praising Shesterkin for a .900 game where he let up an absolutely brutal goal to Matthews?

I'm not saying Shesterkin was bad, he was fine, but... he wasnt exactly standing on his head last game.

He's at 4-1 with a .922 to start his career, neither other NYR goaltender is at .910.

I think it's more a reflection that he has yet to have a real stinker of a game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was very loyal to Cafe 31 since early 2000's. Great place and had some great memories. Lots of players, lots of former players as well would frequent there. Gresh, Kotsy, Fotiu, Duguay, Colton Orr, Shanny, Drury, Avery...After around the 2nd phase of the renovation for the Garden it sort of lost its appeal. They sold it. Its not Tracks.

I have to find a new place.

I tend to venture downtown before a game. I usually go to this little corner place Blind Tiger. Has a nice cozy feel to it and they have like 30 or so craft beers they change daily. Then I just jump on the 1 train and head to the game.

Reactions: Lion Hound

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
They showed that third goal from overhead. Shesty was looking to his right. He thought the puck was still behind the net. You can see his head go from over left shoulder, shift quickly to over right shoulder. He had no idea it went out front. That’s why the weak backhander got through
Wow thanks for that info. Makes wayyyyyy more sense now that he thought it was behind the net, considering how awkward he looked sitting in his net.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
People like him, in life not just in sports, either lack the drive to be great or are head cases who can't sustain greatness because of their lack of confidence. You rarely see someone emerge from this situation and become a star. I would trade Buch.

Why does he have to be a star exactly? Why can't he be a solid top 6 guy who scores 40-50 points a year? He has created a lot of offense this year and has done some good things but until recently he's had a problem burying his chances. Not everybody is a Panarin or Mika. If we are going to trade Kreider and possibly Strome or Fast I wouldn't be trading another forward. This is a position we need more depth, not less.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

Goal was far from brutal.
He also made some amazing saves.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com

One area of concern.

2 Tap Bud Lights = $27!
And it was just as wonderful here in cyberspace in the chat rooms with Leafs fans hahaha

Reactions: Lion Hound

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

This!

I know he is a rookie and we should let him jell with the the D and get comfortable and I sincerely hope he will be what Hank was for us for the next decade but the excuses made for him by some are ridiculous. All 3 goals would have been seen as soft and bad if it were Hank instead of Shesty. I mean honestly, Shesty have not had to steal a game yet due to excellent goal support.

I am rooting for this kid and I am coming around to the fact that Hank is the odd man out in this situation but calm down people.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This!

I know he is a rookie and we should let him jell with the the D and get comfortable and I sincerely hope he will be what Hank was for us for the next decade but the excuses made for him by some are ridiculous.All 3 goals would have been seen as soft and bad if it were Hank instead of Shesty. I mean honestly, Shesty have not had to steal a game yet due to excellent goal support.

I am rooting for this kid and I am coming around to the fact that Hank is the odd man out in this situation but calm down people.

Just not true. He can only be faulted on the 2nd goal. The others were not his fault at all. He played great and made some amazing saves. This kid is the real deal. He has been brilliant in every league he has played in and their is zero doubt in my mind that he will be great in NHL as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad