GDT: #52 ⋅ ANA @ MTL ⋅ 4 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Man I’ve never cared about the fancy stat stuff. I care about on ice results, and Johnston and his two points all season doesn’t provide that.
When we’re contending for a cup, I whole heartedly agree. Until then, he’s a needed player on this team imho. We aren’t being taken advantage of, for the first time since the perry/Kesler era. Guys like Ross and radko and carrick are the reasons.

The amount of cheap shots and abuse to Anaheims players has been way down this year due in part because of Johnston. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either blind or most likely an anti fighting agenda.
Couldn’t agree more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The amount of cheap shots and abuse to Anaheims players has been way down this year due in part because of Johnston. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either blind or most likely an anti fighting agenda.
I think its prob more because we suck, and no one wants to hurt themselves punching shit

Most teams prob just laugh at Johnston... .kinda like the canadians were doing tonight

Reactions: dracom

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I could live with never having to see Jones play for us again.

I like fighting as much as the next fan... but i prefer when a player actually brings more to the game than just fighting.

Like Carrick... can actually play hockey... but can also fight.
Agreed. Johnston has the occasional shot on goal but he doesn't contribute much else. He's not even contributing that much physicality on a game to game basis. He's not in the top 30 players in hitting
Yep... strome and mcginn could be upgraded in theory.

Forgot about Silf tbh lol, hes been better lately... but ya just move on from everything.

Im gunna go watch the taylor swift highlights from the super bowl.... because im that low after this game
I don't know if I'd firesale off all the vets at once but there's few of them I'd retain over time. Give all the kids a shot. As the vets are concerned keep Terry, keep Gudas, keep Zegras, keep Vatrano, the rest I could give a shit at this point. This team needs a culture change badly.

cbr9927

Mar 8, 2013
Seattle
Just play all the kids you can, there is nothing to lose whatsoever. Whatever they have tried for years has been a complete fail.

Reactions: Pomee

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed. Johnston has the occasional shot on goal but he doesn't contribute much else. He's not even contributing that much physicality on a game to game basis. He's not in the top 30 players in hitting

I don't know if I'd firesale off all the vets at once but there's few of them I'd retain over time. Give all the kids a shot. Keep Terry, keep Gudas, the rest I could give a shit at this point. This team needs a culture change badly.
I think at this point you sell off the vets... maybe take a couple back to fill roster spots but let some of the young forwards get a look like Regenda Nester Perreault.... and then continue to find more "culture" complimentary players in the offseason.

There is still way too much fat in the line up.

Reactions: Pomee and HanSolo

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I think at this point you sell off the vets... maybe take a couple back to fill roster spots but let some of the young forwards get a look like Regenda Nester Perreault.... and then continue to find more "culture" complimentary players in the offseason.

There is still way too much fat in the line up.
Yah but how long can we keep doing that? They needed to turn the corner this year and that didn't happen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yah but how long can we keep doing that? They needed to turn the corner this year and that didn't happen
I mean what the other solution? Keep the vets that arnt getting the culture in the right direction?

The young kids are hungry... these last 20 games dont mean shit.... let them show what they can do... and continue building around Terry Zegras Carlsson McTavish Minty Zellweger Luneau and Gauthier

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have said it for years. The ducks need a purge of staff. The culture has been ‘rotten’ for year

We def need new assistant coaches... IDk if Cronin is the right guy.... maybe he woulda been better suited for an assistant coach position.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We def need new assistant coaches... IDk if Cronin is the right guy.... maybe he woulda been better suited for an assistant coach position.
Cronin will be able to plead his case about bringing in his own guys as far as coaching staff. Didn’t he inherit all his assistants from verbeek?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Cronin will be able to plead his case about bringing in his own guys as far as coaching staff. Didn’t he inherit all his assistants from verbeek?
Verbeek is always slow with this. He should've fired Eakins a year before he did, he should've given Cronin a real staff from day one. Instead we've had two extra years of amateur hour coaching.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
It surprises me that we continue to blame our 4th liners for being bad. That’s why they’re 4th liners.

Our problem is that the top end of our lineup just isn’t good enough
The 4th line has been
I think its prob more because we suck, and no one wants to hurt themselves punching shit

Most teams prob just laugh at Johnston... .kinda like the canadians were doing tonight
Last year the team sucked worse and the year before they sucked. I think the teams are laughing more at the small midget forwards and soft small defense

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Cool, what about the actual NHL team? Lol

I'm only pointing out what PV has done okay with so far. Outside of prospects and draft picks, I said I'd give PV five years to properly assess him b/c he did reset the rebuild after all. We're only in his 2nd year of "his" rebuild.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'm only pointing out what PV has done okay with so far. Outside of prospects and draft picks, I said I'd give PV five years to properly assess him b/c he did reset the rebuild after all. We're only in his 2nd year of "his" rebuild.
“ reset the rebuild” always triggers me. Lindholm manson and raks despite them having a poor post all star break, verbeeks first year. Wasnt a “ shit I was wrong I need to reset the rebuild” that was always going to happen.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
“ reset the rebuild” always triggers me. Lindholm manson and raks despite them having a poor post all star break, verbeeks first year. Wasnt a “ shit I was wrong I need to reset the rebuild” that was always going to happen.
"Reset the rebuild" is just clinging to the narrative that Murray was rebuilding when he wasn't.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
"Reset the rebuild" is just clinging to the narrative that Murray was rebuilding when he wasn't.
I see. I always assumed it was some of you thinking that Verbeek changed his mind and did a 180 at his first trade deadline( essentially lying his way into being hired and just going rogue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad