GDT: #52 ⋅ ANA @ MTL ⋅ 4 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The time off did them bad?

I did not watch the game but the SOG seem to show it was like a game from last season :laugh:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
“ reset the rebuild” always triggers me. Lindholm manson and raks despite them having a poor post all star break, verbeeks first year. Wasnt a “ shit I was wrong I need to reset the rebuild” that was always going to happen.

You're missing pertinent and correct details, which allows you to get triggered.

Verbeek inherited a team that was 3rd in the Pacific at all-star break. Manson got injured before all-star break and went to IR during all-star break. Verbeek did nothing to help the team as Manson was out for 12 consecutive games after the all-star break. Right when Manson was set to return, Verbeek picked up Sustr off of waivers. Our problem then was we lacked talent depth everywhere, especially at defense.

You do recall we went from the second worst team in 2020-21 to 3rd in the Pacific at all-star break the following season when Verbeek took over. Apparently, something was improved vastly over one summer. Yet, Verbeek chose to go into a different direction.

Trading away your top pairing, shutdown D-man in Lindholm is looking to be an egregious mistake by Verbeek. And Lindholm wanted to stay at an AAV lower than what Boston signed him for, which was $6.5 mil AAV for eight seasons. Lindholm's contract ends when he's 36 years old. Verbeek signed 34-year old Killorn to a $6.25 mil AAV for four seasons, ending when he's 37 years old. We currently have no one in our system like Lindholm.

Rakell could be replaced with Vatrano. Verbeek had no replacements for shutdown RD Manson nor pugilist who can PK in Des. Without Lindholm, Manson, and Des, Verbeek stripped the Ducks of its physicality.

Last year, Verbeek expected the team to be at .500 to start the season under Eakins. This year, Verbeek gave leeway to Cronin with, "being realistic if we were 500 I would be very happy."

Maybe Verbeek's pro evaluation skills aren't all that.

Ducks2022-23Eakins
Game setGamesWLOTLPtsPts %
Total
52​
17​
29​
6​
40​
0.385​
1 to 25
25​
6​
16​
3​
15​
0.300​
26 to 52
27​
11​
13​
3​
25​
0.463​

Ducks2023-24Cronin
Game setGamesWLOTLPtsPts %
Total
52​
18​
32​
2​
38​
0.365​
1 to 25
25​
10​
15​
0​
20​
0.400​
26 to 52
27​
8​
17​
2​
18​
0.333​

No fancy stats here, just your basic record chart. I did do splits to show one team improved as the season progressed and the other team has regressed. Except, Eakins did this without much help from his PP or PK units.

Maybe Verbeek's evaluations aren't up to par.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I was just going to post this. Fked up lol
tenor.gif

That Portuguese fan, probably

Reactions: HanSolo and Hoooch

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Looking at the stat line, this was a horrible game to watch. Did we at least win the fights? Preferably by knocking out some of these f***ing Frenchies?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
It surprises me that we continue to blame our 4th liners for being bad. That’s why they’re 4th liners.

Our problem is that the top end of our lineup just isn’t good enough
This. The fact that people on here are complaining about the 12th forward is just silly. Complain about the scoring line forwards. This team was just shut out with a dismal 13 shots on goal!!

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Did Jones come back after seemingly getting hurt in the 2nd
He came back for sure, took a penalty in the third. Based on TOI it doesn't look like he missed much at all, only about a minute less than his linemate Lundestrom and the special teams could well account for that on their own.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
have to wonder if he's playing hurt

Mac did miss the Oiler game because of an UBI, which does not make sense because the team had a week off during all-star break. It mostly makes sense if he was probably playing injury all along despite being deemed medically clear. I was surprised he was back on the ice the very next day after the Oiler game. Clearly, Mac isn't at 100%.

What is odd is that Mac at less than 100%... or even less than 75%, was very productive on a line where he didn't have to be its best defensive forward. On a line with Lundy and Silf, Mac's less than 75% working self and looking worse with the eye test was able to be more productive on the score sheet. I dunno why Cronin did not want to cook up the Mac & Swedes line again?

On a tangent, last year Eakins reported that Lundy was still working through his injury despite being cleared to play weeks earlier. I could tell he wasn't the same Lundy from 2021-22 because his high end speed was lacking. This year, after recovering fully from an Achilles tear, Lundy's skating is back and that defense is back too! He's one of two forwards in the positive +/- rating, with Silf being the other at +4 rating.

Lundy
2021-22: 80 games, 16g + 13a = 29 pts, -3 rating, and 4 SHGs
2022-23: 61 games, 4g + 10a = 14 pts, -15 rating, and 1 SHG
2023-24: 16 games, 2g + 2a = 4 pts, +4 rating, and 0 SHG

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
That sequence when we lost a puck battle along the boards 3 vs 1, then gave up a shot to an unattended guy in front of the net was probably the single worst piece of hockey I’ve seen in the last 5 seasons and that’s really saying something.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I
That sequence when we lost a puck battle along the boards 3 vs 1, then gave up a shot to an unattended guy in front of the net was probably the single worst piece of hockey I’ve seen in the last 5 seasons and that’s really saying something.
l just saw that on a youtube video. WTF are the coaches teaching this team? Its a f***ing joke at this point.. PV better fix this shit.. Its fking embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad