GDT: #52 – Sabres at Devils – Mon Feb 6, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
As bad as we were, we were screwed by the refs again.

Think this game establishes that we're out of the playoff race. Time to sell off a few of these guys - pick up a couple of 2nds for Franson, Gionta.

dan213

Dec 26, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Awesome game. Clutching and grabbing and holding for 60 minutes. Not to mention all the goals coming off of fluke bounces. The NHL needs to change something or its already dwindling fanbase is going to go away for good.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
As bad as the refs were again that was just too little too late, not a good game all around, if Lehner is not standing on his head we lose this pretty clear.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Beautiful game, too bad we lost, but it was back and forth with some great skill.
Can't wait for tomorrows game!

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
The refs shouldn't be allowed to review coaches challenges. Especially these biased refs who like dead puck era interference.

Yeah, why would a referee want to overturn their own call unless it was absolutely blatantly obvious.

Lehner was obviously prevented from making the initial save cleanly, which caused the rebound.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I don't think Lehner is going to catch that cleanly even with the stick interference, and that's probably how the referees felt. However, he definitely WAS interfered with, so you have some reasonable doubt, and it should have been called back. Oh well. I'm not surprised. When Eichel was tripped on the delayed penalty and we didn't get the 5 on 3 I knew we weren't getting any PP this game.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't think Lehner is going to catch that cleanly even with the stick interference, and that's probably how the referees felt. However, he definitely WAS interfered with, so you have some reasonable doubt, and it should have been called back. Oh well. I'm not surprised. When Eichel was tripped on the delayed penalty and we didn't get the 5 on 3 I knew we weren't getting any PP this game.

No, referees are not allowed to make assumptions, as we learned during the Dallas game.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
What a failure.

5 or so straight face offs lost in a row at the end of the game down by 1, yeah that is a failure. But O'Reilly is one of our best players so all the other good he does means we can't hold him accountable or call out his failures!! Great mentality.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

The other thing is that the interference did not affect his ability to make the save on the second shot that ultimately did go in. Lehner had time to recover for that shot.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
The other thing is that the interference did not affect his ability to make the save on the second shot that ultimately did go in. Lehner had time to recover for that shot.

But we've seen goals disallowed where a goalie is in perfect position to make a save, doesn't and blames it on a small bump. It's a huge grey area.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Maybe Pegula isn't slipping enough of his fracking fortune into the right pockets...

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Last edited:

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
ugh.jpg

Eastern conference, by points percentage.

The Sabres have been swept in the season series by teams highlighted without the red squiggle. They are in the process of being swept in the season series with the teams highlighted and with a red squiggle.

No ****ing chance you makee the playoffs like that. Especially with the overall division record being what it is.

We cannot adjust to the devils, the only in-game adjustments I've ever seen Dan make are moving Moulson up to line 1. No adjustments to style of play. Just like they kept dumping in and letting Bishop start Tampa's rush all three periods in Tampa last month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad