OT: 51st Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I don't really like beer either, I much prefer vodka, but I used to love Michelob Light. In Stockholm, they sell beer that is around 7.8% - four of them is enough to set you wobbling.

I'm the opposite - beers works but hard liqour, other than whiskey, is a no go for me. :laugh:

First off, forgive me if this comes off in anyway as gloating or pretentious or anything like that, but I always wondered. In America, the craft beer scene has really taken off, there are a ton of new breweries popping up all the time all over the place. And the alcohol content on these beers can sometimes be astronomical, but it's not really uncommon to see beers in the 11-15 percent range and above. My local pub up the street has a tap list of 30 different beers. Today they have 9 that have an alcohol content above 9 percent. Has that trend not really caught on in Europe?

I can only speak for Sweden - but here there is an upswing in the number of smaller breweries that you can find in our state monopoly alcoholic beverage stores (Systembolaget) originating both from Sweden and abroad. Especially IPA and various derivates of that type have become increasingly popular recently - which could be anywhere from 7 - 10 in percent alcohol content. Smaller brands exist that makes stronger beer, but I rarely drink beers stronger than 10 percent.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Can anyone explain to me why I can't sell my ticket to a concert outside of it, but Stubhub and all these other companies can buy tickets wholesale and upcharge them?

I went on Ticketmaster to buy seats to see Flight of the Conchords (who apparently sell out in under a minute) and they had NO seats available, yet hundreds of tix on sale on Stubhub, Vivid Seats, for 20 bucks more than they are listed on ticketmaster! What the ****!

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So should we have a "Cousins" themed 52nd thread?

Personally 52 is the number I wear, so I can volunteer my services as well :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
RIP Hayabusa. Will always remember his match at ECW Heatwave '98 with Shinseki vs RVD and Sabu which was one of the best PPV's of all time.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
So I googled Rumple Mintz and this popped up (a little late I know)

668fe285a9520a7f8784351d1458aa00.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha, I think you mean Falls Church.

Alexandria can be a nice area. The northern and western parts have seen a random uptick in gang violence since the last part of 2015, which is a shame. I lived there for four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad