OT: 51st Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I suggest anyone around Montgomery County watch a movie at the Movie Tavern. Just saw Stars Wars for the second time, got a nice meal, and beer. :D

Can't beat it, and it's literally 10 minutes from my house.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What happened to it?

Closed down and the building (which looks like the stereotypical Mexican building) was then taken over by a Japanese sushi buffet. Now that's gone and I think the building has been demolished and is going to have something new rebuilt there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How much better are these traditional Sabres sweaters than that Hasek-era abomination? Hate the organization, but the sweaters look good.

Typing that out made me think of Gary Bettmann for some reason. I really hate Gary Bettmann.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I suggest anyone around Montgomery County watch a movie at the Movie Tavern. Just saw Stars Wars for the second time, got a nice meal, and beer. :D

Can't beat it, and it's literally 10 minutes from my house.

Was that the first time you've been there? Place has been open for years now :laugh:

Love that they changed it to assigned seating. Last row in the front section is always open and one of the best seats IMO because you don't see a ton of waiters and waitresses going back and forth for everyone else.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Closed down and the building (which looks like the stereotypical Mexican building) was then taken over by a Japanese sushi buffet. Now that's gone and I think the building has been demolished and is going to have something new rebuilt there.

Sushi buffet strikes me as a good way to die.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sushi buffet strikes me as a good way to die.

That's what I always said :laugh:

Buffet food always sits out for quite a while (unless the place is really busy, this place sure as **** was not) so something about raw fish sitting at room temperature for hours doesn't seem too good to me. It only lasted a few years before closing so I guess other people had the same thoughts.

Edit:

Found a picture of it. Tokyo Seafood Buffet and Grill. Don't know when this was taken because the place was demolished but you can see how strange it was.

gEiVxPh.png

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Was that the first time you've been there? Place has been open for years now :laugh:

Love that they changed it to assigned seating. Last row in the front section is always open and one of the best seats IMO because you don't see a ton of waiters and waitresses going back and forth for everyone else.

Nah, I've been there multiple of times. Just thought I'd give it a ringing endorsement. ;)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Finally got home from a real fun weekend. Loudness, video games, board games, pigging out and other fun thing :). Just holy **** today is bitter cold :laugh:.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Friggin Bovada, I "won" $166 after losing my shirt on New Years Eve and doubling up on Alabama. I look at my credit card statement and hey they charge me $30 more than I should have been charged on top of Foreign Transaction fees from my CC company. So in the end instead of $166 i'm walking away with $70 after all the fees and extra money.

Woot woot.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I absolutely hate being that guy you all hate on Facebook, but holy smokes, the New Years resolution people at the gym ruin everything. I'm not some workout snob, but come on. I don't want it to take me 2 hours to do an hour workout because you're sitting on a machine doing nothing.

Get it together and just give up.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Originally Posted by bennysflyers16
Anyone watching "Making a Murder" on Netflix. This is mind blowing

I just finished last night and I can't stop thinking about it. Scary justice system if that is what a fair trial is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad