Post-Game Talk: #51 | Flyers at Jets | January 28, 2023

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This year's rumble has been better than the 4 or 5 of them easily lol, man I can't stand reigns though, he's such a dog shit wrestler who only has 5 or 6 moves, he's so boring, and wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't related to the rock
Roman is as exciting as getting white rice at the Chinese restaurant. Saying that the bits with Sami have been the best bits on the air in 5 years. Sami is stealing the show.
Woman's rumble was much better than men's.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Unfortunately, Bundy was right when he first said that they got the right HC at the wrong time as he will get the maximum out of a mediocre roster and have them finish too high in the standings.
Six points out of a playoff spot with 31 games left. And coming off a shutout of one of the league's top teams.

Seems like the team is a lot closer to competing than for worrying about lottery picks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Six points out of a playoff spot with 31 games left. And coming off a shutout of one of the league's top teams.

Seems like the team is a lot closer to competing than for worrying about lottery picks.

This team is nowhere f***ing close to competing.

It is getting hilarious how often your takes on this team are as far opposite of reality as possible.

This team has been on a "hot streak" for a month and they haven't moved in the standings. You don't know what you're talking about.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Flyers played a hell of a game.

They’re really enjoyable to watch again.

The coaching staff has done a tremendous job. Many players have raised their games.

Best forecheck the Flyers have had since around this time three years ago, pre-COVID.
Some good young talent rising, fun to watch.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005

Need some high tier pieces but you can see the young core coming together.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I'll say it...Risto made some nice plays.
Also seems coincidental that the Flyers offense snaps 4 off on the Jets the first game noted offensive blackhole MacEwen sits. Bellows, while being horrible in his own right, is an upgrade skill wise.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
At this point of the season, I cannot be upset over this team winning unless it results in them NOT selling at the deadline. I've accepted that this is who they are. Mediocre, like most of the past decade, only with some promising young players albeit not exactly high end talent.

Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What's funny is the people acting like the team improved and the coaching staff has made a huge difference don't even realize that the teams definitely still shit and are still getting outplayed during their little hot streak.

Over the past 21 games where they've gone 12-7-2, they're still getting outchanced at 5v5 (48.16%), still losing the xG battle (48.12%), and still giving up more high danger chances than they're getting (46.28%). These stats aren't everything, but if the team was actually playing as well as the record and fan reaction suggests, they wouldn't be looking like this.

So why are they winning? Hart and Ersson are both really damn good, plus the players shooting way above normal.

TK - 17.81%
Laughton - 19.05%
Frost - 13.95%
Cates - 17.24%
Allison - 15.38%
... all at the same time, resulting in 36 goals between them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What's funny is the people acting like the team improved and the coaching staff has made a huge difference don't even realize that the teams definitely still shit and are still getting outplayed during their little hot streak.

Over the past 21 games where they've gone 12-7-2, they're still getting outchanced at 5v5 (48.16%), still losing the xG battle (48.12%), and still giving up more high danger chances than they're getting (46.28%). These stats aren't everything, but if the team was actually playing as well as the record and fan reaction suggests, they wouldn't be looking like this.

So why are they winning? Hart and Ersson are both really damn good, plus the players shooting way above normal.

TK - 17.81%
Laughton - 19.05%
Frost - 13.95%
Cates - 17.24%
Allison - 15.38%
... all at the same time, resulting in 36 goals between them.

I wonder how often people need to fall for this before they learn

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder for often people need to fall for this before they learn
It all comes down to the proven fact that 99% of fans/media are completely incapable of evaluating past looking at wins and losses. They see the raw results and evaluate based on that.

Plus, everything has to be turd polished to service the claim that Torts has been amazing and every single win is proof of his incredible master plan. Or as that idiot Jamey Baskow calls it: "The Torts Effect". All good is thanks to him, all bad is individual player skill/effort. Convenient how that works out, isn't it?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The team has improved & the coaching staff has made a huge difference.

Raw results my ass. It’s obvious from *watching* *how* they play compared to the last two seasons, & I can’t imagine any regular viewer believing there’s no difference.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The team has improved & the coaching staff has made a huge difference.

Raw results my ass. It’s obvious from *watching* *how* they play compared to the last two seasons, & I can’t imagine any regular viewer believing there’s no difference.

The main difference is that forwards and D play as one unit. That's it.

Hardly the revolution I was promised.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad