Post-Game Talk: #51 - 02/03/20 | stars @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That wasn't even an ugly game tonight, it was f***ing ugly all night out there. This is what Dallas does to you and have been doing to teams for years...tonight was our turn to get lulled to sleep at times and they capitalized....whatever!.

One positive was the play of some of the kids. I liked Kakko tonight as he seemed engaged from the get go. Fox was his usual terrific self and I thought Lindgren was excellent tonight. Howden was effective as well.

"On to Cincinnati" isn't that the term some famous coach once said?...lol

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That wasn't even an ugly game tonight, it was ****ing ugly all night out there. This is what Dallas does to you and have been doing to teams for years...tonight was our turn to get lulled to sleep at times and they capitalized....whatever!.

One positive was the play of some of the kids. I liked Kakko tonight as he seemed engaged from the get go. Fox was his usual terrific self and I thought Lindgren was excellent tonight. Howden was effective as well.

"On to Cincinnati" isn't that the term some famous coach once said?...lol

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Win, lose, or draw, I mean, overtime loss, you folks make even losses more enjoyable.

I'm shedding a tear.

Reactions: Machinehead

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
DiGiuseppe played pretty well. Maybe better with him than Smith or McKegg. He skates well---he's not shy about shooting the puck.
He should be here on the roster instead of punchingpag Haley for the rest of the season and they should at least move Smith to defense to replace Staal

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
DiGiuseppe played pretty well. Maybe better with him than Smith or McKegg. He skates well---he's not shy about shooting the puck.

I feel we wasted an opportunity to see what he'd look like in a bottom 6 role, and what Kakko or Chytil could look like on Mika's wing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Tell you right now you’ll never win anything with Ryan Strome as a big piece of your team
I know it’s not the likely outcome, but I really want to trade Strome and re-sign Kreider. Strome’s departure would mostly offset Kreider’s raise. Strome being a few years younger is irrelevant to me. Kreider is such a unique and important player I want to keep him and have him be a key part as we round back into being contenders.

Strome’s trade value should be at an all time high right now. I wish they’d capitalize on that.

However, the return on Kreider is probably going to be too good to pass up. I just fear that it’s a mistake for the on the ice makeup of this team going forward.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
And not for nothing but even prime Lundqvist would be struggling in this current set up. He’s always been the type to struggle after long lay offs and needs to play regularly to get into a groove. Now you throw in that he’s older and not as good as he used to be and all the mental aspects of a three goalie rotation and two kids breathing down his neck with the end near in his career. It’s no surprise he’s struggling.

He still can be a good starter in this league, I really think that. It’s just this whole situation is putting him literally in the worst possible position to have any success and that’s not even factoring the poor play in front of him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wednesday will be the nail in the coffin for this season.

If you had playoff hopes that is.
Playoff hopes ended for sure after the jackets game. This team can’t win more than two straight

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watching Strome in person, it’s amazing how little he cares about defense

He must be under the delusion he is so good he doesn’t have to play any.

It’s really something
Him and Skjei two of a kind.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Watching Strome in person, it’s amazing how little he cares about defense

He must be under the delusion he is so good he doesn’t have to play any.

It’s really something

He needs to be benched. I'm a fan of his but he needs to be a better 2 way forward to succeed here. I think teams know what he is. I bet his value is not as high as some fans want it to be. Higher than the Oilers what they got back for him yes, but 1st or 2ed hello no, I doubt it. I bet a 3td and a depth C level prospect would be the return for Strome more than Spooner but not worth the risk in my opinion. It won't help the team in the future.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If they trade Kreider they’ll finish bottom 5 no doubt in my mind.
Close i would say 7-9 range. Buffalo still amazes me how bad they are. Minn is pretty bad too plus the obvious Detroit New Jersey Ottawa Anaheim San Jose Los Angeles. Montreal probably does enough to pass us

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Strome or howden will never be benched coach loves them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad