• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Our top 6 right now

_________ Zibanajad Buch
Panarin Strome Fast
Tell me how ya win with that....ps. you don't. We need to fill in around Zib, Panarin and Strome. We need Kakko and Kravtsov to step up, to acquire players for Georgiev and Kreider and continue to build. Anyone who thinks that top 6 can win is delusional.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
I hate the way Lundqvist is going out. His play over the past few years paired with his contract has put a stain on his career. A buyout seems inevitable at the end of this season.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I thought Lemieux tried his best to get the team going. Basically Generated the third goal by himself from drawing the penalty to scoring the goal. He’s basically getting very little opportunity playing on the worst line in hockey
Can't say he hasn't had a chance with Chytil and Kakko

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I hate the way Lundqvist is going out. His play over the past few years paired with his contract has put a stain on his career. A buyout seems inevitable at the end of this season.
Of all the goalies in this league, Lundqvist has played in the second most unfriendly enviroment for a goalie so far, or at least that was the case a week ago.
And not for nothing but even prime Lundqvist would be struggling in this current set up. He’s always been the type to struggle after long lay offs and needs to play regularly to get into a groove. Now you throw in that he’s older and not as good as he used to be and all the mental aspects of a three goalie rotation and two kids breathing down his neck with the end near in his career. It’s no surprise he’s struggling.

He still can be a good starter in this league, I really think that. It’s just this whole situation is putting him literally in the worst possible position to have any success and that’s not even factoring the poor play in front of him.
Yup, he played two games in january. Two! If you're a goalie who needs to stay warm and in the zone, that's a recipe for getting him cold. With a three goalie rotation, no goalie will get the games they require.

Reactions: egelband

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
So the puck clearly wen out of play in the first period... I paused my TV and you can see the puck hit the net 6 feet above the glass, drop down, hit the top of the glass and come back in. 2 goals that would have never happened and the momentum shift would have never happened. They were completely deflated after that moment.

However... they played like dog shit the rest of the game. Buch had 3-4 passes go right off the end of his stick resulting in fast breaks. The new kid absolutely blew coverage on the back end.

the only players that stood out were Tony D and Kakko tonight.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
More accurate

I’d 100 percent add Buchy to that. I still think Skjei is a top 4 dman on a good team that gets criticized way more than he should but every fan base does this to their big minute Dmen.

but I’m very very concerned we’re going to get this wrong. We’re going to move on from Kreider and Fast and make guys like Buch and Strome longer term players here and we’ll go absolutely nowhere. 2 guys the type that make a living playing on the bad teams of this league.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
And not for nothing but even prime Lundqvist would be struggling in this current set up. He’s always been the type to struggle after long lay offs and needs to play regularly to get into a groove. Now you throw in that he’s older and not as good as he used to be and all the mental aspects of a three goalie rotation and two kids breathing down his neck with the end near in his career. It’s no surprise he’s struggling.

He still can be a good starter in this league, I really think that. It’s just this whole situation is putting him literally in the worst possible position to have any success and that’s not even factoring the poor play in front of him.
Hopefully, its working and he decides to waive his NTC.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I’d 100 percent add Buchy to that. I still think Skjei is a top 4 dman on a good team that gets criticized way more than he should but every fan base does this to their big minute Dmen.

but I’m very very concerned we’re going to get this wrong. We’re going to move on from Kreider and Fast and make guys like Buch and Strome longer term players here and we’ll go absolutely nowhere. 2 guys the type that make a living playing on the bad teams of this league.

I could see all 4 going, first two at the deadline for futures, other two in the summer for say Nhl player for Nhl player type trades. I don’t think they get rid of 4 NHL forwards in one shot at the deadline.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The thing right now is the Rangers are the youngest team in the league but they aren’t bad. They are right on the verge here. 500 hockey metrics improving just can’t put it all together. If they were horrific I’d say yes blow everyone out that isn’t tied down. But they’re not. They’re close to being a playoff team with the kids a year older next year. But you blow out a major piece like Kreider. Another guy like Fast who I understand has to go, and you are now just a bad team again. So the headway you made with your roster takes a major step back at a point where you should be trying to take another step forward.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Disagree about Skjei. He’s being paid $5.3 million to essentially bring what Ryan Lindgren brings, and struggles to do that. Complete waste of assets.

Reactions: leetch99

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Of all the goalies in this league, Lundqvist has played in the second most unfriendly enviroment for a goalie so far, or at least that was the case a week ago.

Yup, he played two games in january. Two! If you're a goalie who needs to stay warm and in the zone, that's a recipe for getting him cold. With a three goalie rotation, no goalie will get the games they require.

Lundqvist is showing his age, it's sad but its true, he hasnt been consistant all year. He should move on and try and get a cup before he gets any older.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

he should retire.

Lundqvist is choosing to go out this way.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Lundqvist is showing his age, it's sad but its true, he hasnt been consistant all year. He should move on and try and get a cup before he gets any older.

he may have blown his opportunity to move on last year at the deadline.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The thing right now is the Rangers are the youngest team in the league but they aren’t bad. They are right on the verge here. 500 hockey metrics improving just can’t put it all together. If they were horrific I’d say yes blow everyone out that isn’t tied down. But they’re not. They’re close to being a playoff team with the kids a year older next year. But you blow out a major piece like Kreider. Another guy like Fast who I understand has to go, and you are now just a bad team again. So the headway you made with your roster takes a major step back at a point where you should be trying to take another step forward.

Agree and the team is going in the right direction. The problem is the media. “The rebuild is over” I read preseason. Wait? What?

Flash forward to next season and any player getting promoted is likely going to go through the growing pains like Kakko.

Patience

Reactions: kovazub94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->