GDT: #51 ⋅ EDM @ ANA ⋅ 7 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I liked having Jones back. The offensive upside might leave a little to be desired, but he gives it 100% every shift. He’s an ideal 4th liner on a contender if he could stay healthy.
I would rather keep Jones over leason. If it came down to it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I just want someone from the organization to put together a compilation of this entire season, game by game and from both teams, to show the most glaring inconsistencies the the officiating has been. This is beyond atrocious
I have thought about it before. I wonder what's the best way to do it?

Fans mark the time of the game with a few word description and the next one just goes and cuts the parts out amd puts as one video?

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Officiating ruins yet another game. What's the point of watching this shit when the referees are so incredibly corrupt/inept?

Miss two calls on the 1st goal. Pick on the 3rd. 4th goal.... Fine, if that's a penalty, then call it both ways.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I have thought about it before. I wonder what's the best way to do it?

Fans mark the time of the game with a few word description and the next one just goes and cuts the parts out amd puts as one video?
I do video editing for a living, and thought about doing this, getting all the videos in one isn't the hard part, it's getting all the footage and the time stamps of what to cut like you said. I thought about doing it but it would take too long to get it all and I have to do stuff that will pay me lol

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I do video editing for a living, and thought about doing this, getting all the videos in one isn't the hard part, it's getting all the footage and the time stamps of what to cut like you said. I thought about doing it but it would take too long to get it all and I have to do stuff that will pay me lol
Perhaps we can do some collective work then. I think collecting the timestamps will be the hardest part.

Getting a video file and cutting, putting it together, another one obviously.

I am not able to watch too many games these days but I know where we could access/download the games in video format (I'm watching the games on a streaming service that doesn't allow downloads)

Reactions: MCB

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Perhaps we can do some collective work then. I think collecting the timestamps will be the hardest part.

Getting a video file and cutting, putting it together, another one obviously.

I am not able to watch too many games these days but I know where we could access/download the games in video format (I'm watching the games on a streaming service that doesn't allow downloads)
I've been looking for a way to download the full games but I've had no luck. Time stamps for penalties are recorded, but the non calls would require rewatching, and this season has been rough enough watching one time 🤣

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
with the way officiating has been for us, i really don't know if there's any good reason to keep watching this season. at some point it's just blatantly biased officiating; it's not fun when you have to play against better teams AND the refs.

Carlsson is one of the reasons and hopefully Zegras is back in a couple of weeks or so. Terry was bad last night after looking like he has found his game but I think it’s the line-mates more. Groulx is barely an NHL’er sadly.

The loss was disappointing but to me Leo only getting one point was also disappointing. I can’t even yell at Strome because he scored twice. Talk about an ultimate troll job. Lol

Leo set him up 3 or 4 times with brilliant passes. People say he is not flashy or can’t skate. I’m like whaaaaa?

Very frustrating season with the reffing again but just going to keep my mouth shut. There is really nothing more to say.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I liked having Jones back. The offensive upside might leave a little to be desired, but he gives it 100% every shift. He’s an ideal 4th liner on a contender if he could stay healthy.

I prefer Jones over Johnston. There's just far more activity with Jones, from speed, physicality, and tenaciousness. It's just Jones is so injury prone, though.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Carlsson is one of the reasons and hopefully Zegras is back in a couple of weeks or so. Terry was bad last night after looking like he has found his game but I think it’s the line-mates more. Groulx is barely an NHL’er sadly.

The loss was disappointing but to me Leo only getting one point was also disappointing. I can’t even yell at Strome because he scored twice. Talk about an ultimate troll job. Lol

Leo set him up 3 or 4 times with brilliant passes. People say he is not flashy or can’t skate. I’m like whaaaaa?

Very frustrating season with the reffing again but just going to keep my mouth shut. There is really nothing more to say.

Leo being not flashy and can't skate is probably pre-draft propaganda, especially when compared to Fantilli highlights. Leo has a lot of flair and skating, but a lot of his actions are very subtle that get the flair, but not the splash-flash. All of those subtleness makes for brilliant passes b/c he's assessing the ice when he's got the puck. And b/c he's assessing the ice for many options, he doesn't need to outskate his options to where he's got limited or just one option before him.

As for Groulx and his line, Groulx was actually playing the 2nd line role as the minutes reveal. When Mac centered the "third line", he was getting 2nd line minutes. In a sheltered role for the Groulx line, Terry becomes freer. Put into an actual 2nd line role and that line obviously gets tampered down.

Groulx isn't a top-6 center and was never projected to be a top-6C. It's unfair to say, "Groulx is barely an NHL'er sadly," when he is a bottom-6C grinder. It's not Groulx's fault there's several injuries that has put him into a top-6C role. Z and Mac are out due to injuries. Rico is Carlsson's training wheels. Strome is not a centerman.

The team could put Rico as 2C. What do we have then?

xxx - Carlsson - Strome
Vatrano - Rico - Terry
Jones - Lundy - Silf
Johnston - Carrick - Leason

Choices to play 1LW are Groulx or McGinn. Or we put Jones at 1LW and Groulx or McGinn at 3LW. Either way, you're making the Carlsson line inept to salvage Terry.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The ducks are a significantly better team than last year and are going to be very very good 2-3 years from now IMO. The point totals don’t lay it out quite yet - but there has been significant improvement from last year even with worse injury luck.

Very bullish right now. They simply have too many good young players in the system not to be a playoff team for a long time unless Verbeek mismanages everything

We were outscored by 2.3 goals per game last year - this year the number is down to like 0.8. Still bad but that is tangible improvement

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The ducks are a significantly better team than last year and are going to be very very good 2-3 years from now IMO. The point totals don’t lay it out quite yet - but there has been significant improvement from last year even with worse injury luck.

Very bullish right now. They simply have too many good young players in the system not to be a playoff team for a long time unless Verbeek mismanages everything

We were outscored by 2.3 goals per game last year - this year the number is down to like 0.8. Still bad but that is tangible improvement
Been feeling same all year. Losing sucks, but I see much improved game from last years. What again was the record we set last year, was it most shots allowed?

And that was with teams stopping to play hard vs us by the middle frame because they were already dominating us. This year we're losing but hanging in there pretty much by the end of it

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

The somewhat optimistic perspective is we’ve had terrible injury luck this season too. We have

Very few games with our top 6 dmen in the line up together, and very few games with our top 6/ 9 together up front.

i wonder how many more points we could have with a little more luck in injury department

Reactions: Kalv and AngelDuck

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017

We are 100% a better team, I am more exhausted by the injuries and terrible officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad