GDT: #50| New York Islanders @ Philidelphia Flyers | January 18th | 7:00pm | F/L 6-4

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Just got home from work, I see we lost.. I said we needed to win both.. If we lose Monday, I say season is most likely over. What's the story of this game? Quick rundown?

BS call on JT that was a goal called back.

Poulin sucked.

Poulin sucked some more.

Team came back.

Had a lead going into the third.

They didn't battle hahd.

And Poulin then flopped around like a fish.
Snow held the cards regarding goalies, hell we could've kept Thomas if we wanted too. But hey he's a good drafter!

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
BS call on JT that was a goal called back.

Poulin sucked.

Poulin sucked some more.

Team came back.

Had a lead going into the third.

They didn't battle hahd.

And Poulin then flopped around like a fish.
Snow held the cards regarding goalies, hell we could've kept Thomas if we wanted too. But hey he's a good drafter!

Poulin was that atrociously bad? He's been good of late but I gotta check the goals ASAP. Seems like a typical November islander loss, yet we're in January. These two games were must win, season is pretty much over.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Poulin was that atrociously bad? He's been good of late but I gotta check the goals ASAP. Seems like a typical November islander loss, yet we're in January. These two games were must win, season is pretty much over.

First goal reminded me of DP. I would say he shouldn't have had one maybe two. This team had a solid two goal lead and he ****ed it up. This is yet another season to look foward to our usual playoffs! It's called the draft lottery..

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

Poulin was awful...his first goal against might have been the worst goal the Isles have given up all year...especially the timing...On a brighter note, I don't think he lost his stick all night!

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
First goal reminded me of DP. I would say he shouldn't have had one maybe two. This team had a solid two goal lead and he ****ed it up. This is yet another season to look foward to our usual playoffs! It's called the draft lottery..

Your username sure does live up to the Islander way lol. In all seriousness, Poulin has been good before this game, but this team just needs a legitimate number one goalie.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Poulin was awful...his first goal against might have been the worst goal the Isles have given up all year...especially the timing...On a brighter note, I don't think he lost his stick all night!

I rather him drop his stick millions of times and play the way he did before this game! It's sad 'cause cracking jokes is pretty much the only way to avoid the reality and how the Isles are a bottom feeder yet again.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
people are blaming bailey for this game really???? either this is complete mob mentality or I am just nuts (probably both).. I know he hasn't scored and that is frustrating to no end but I thought he had another real solid all around game otherwise..which opponents goal was he responsible for tonight? he assisted on one goal and created at least two or three other good opportunities i saw that his teammates didn't convert, all that with playing solid positional hockey(which maybe is what some consider invisible ala NFL linemen who if you don't hear their name means they played well).. the only thing I find more frustrating than his lack of goals is the venom directed at him in these boards.. can't wait for monday when the guy behind me screams at bailey for effing up when he isn't even on the ice, he does it every game.. plenty of places to place blame but he is getting way more than his share IMHO..

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Your username sure does live up to the Islander way lol. In all seriousness, Poulin has been good before this game, but this team just needs a legitimate number one goalie.

I heard this Bernier kid out of LA was sick.... Oh wait...

Vancouver has a goalie problem... Oh hold the phone NJD got him..

**** yea! We got Clutterbuck baby!:laugh:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I rather him drop his stick millions of times and play the way he did before this game! It's sad 'cause cracking jokes is pretty much the only way to avoid the reality and how the Isles are a bottom feeder yet again.

The REALITY is we were a goalie away from being second in the Metro. The REALITY is we let our captain and first liner go for nothing. The REALITY is this team isn't serious. Ok my rant should be done for a bit:laugh:

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Capuano will never ****ing learn....This goes all the way back to last year in the playoffs, instead of letting them play their game they go into complete defensive mode which they just cannot pull off as a team. its just not who they are and it just doesn't register with him.

it actually goes back further than the playoffs. look at how many leads they blew during the regular season by trying to play defense. neither last years team or this years team is built to play defense. try as they might, they just cant do it. when they attack, they look like world beaters........and actually win games. but for some goofy assed reason, capuano wants to try to protect a one or two goal lead going into the third period. i dont care if they are up by six going into the third.......just keep attacking. theres an old NASCAR saying...."you dance with who brung ya"......so if the attacking game "brung ya" to a two goal lead going into the third, you keep dancing with the attacking game.

i guess jack never watched NASCAR........

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Thats the season.

No ****ing way we win, an afternoon game, in the black jerseys, against the ********ing Flyers

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Horrible loss, but don't worry, Garth will draft us fans 7 more prospects that could help us in the future...

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
Horrible loss, but don't worry, Garth will draft us fans 7 more prospects that could help us in the future...

to be fair he'd probably draft 7 more prospects regardless of whether they made the playoffs or not.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
anyone catch the Canucks/Flames game??

Torts is going nuts and at the end of the 1st period confronted the Flames team and had to be held back. LMAO

say what you want but thats passion.. Fred Flintstone would of gone to the buffet between periods and say "hey guys, get pucks to the net and skate more"

The difference between us the the rest of the league is astonishing

MaryChristine*

anyone catch the Canucks/Flames game??

Torts is going nuts and at the end of the 1st period confronted the Flames team and had to be held back. LMAO

say what you want but thats passion.. Fred Flintstone would of gone to the buffet between periods and say "hey guys, get pucks to the net and skate more"

The difference between us the the rest of the league is astonishing

I'm reminded of a certain game against the penguins where he was head coach. That night was magical. I guess not every one can be as passionate every night as torts...and believe me, I'd trade cappy's ass in a heartbeat for torts, But I will never forget that night.. he has it in him.
The real problem is his assessment of talent.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm reminded of a certain game against the penguins where he was head coach. That night was magical. I guess not every one can be as passionate every night as torts...and believe me, I'd trade cappy's ass in a heartbeat for torts, But I will never forget that night.. he has it in him.
The real problem is his assessment of talent.

Give him a goalie, scoring depth, and one more top four defenseman and we can talk about how "bad" he is.bottom line Snow failed Cappy not the other way around.snow had a playoff team if he did ONE thing.... Gotten a goalie. I agree with you 100%, Cappy isn't the problem Snow is.

Now with that said next season I want all new coaches and a GM :laugh:

An owner would be nice too...

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
So Poulin back to his old ways after playing really well the last few games :-(
Isles really should've wrapped this up in the second but they didn't and always looked like actually. Bad, bad loss.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
istockphoto_2961685_straw_that_broke_the_camel_s_back.jpg

170833-the-last-straw-large.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad