GDT: #50| New York Islanders @ Philidelphia Flyers | January 18th | 7:00pm | F/L 6-4

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009
Couldn't watch the game , sounds like another let down. The Florida regulation loss effectly ended the season in my eyes. We stink in conference but we are horrid in division . Not a good combo to make the playoffs. Rest of the season is damage control, forget playoffs and keep winning in garbage time. Don't need to give Buffalo a top 10 pick this year, their rebuild will get done before ours. :facepalm:

A lot of what you said is wrong. First off no game ends a season in january. Forget playoffs and keep winning in garbage time? We are what 7 points out? How is that garbage time. And we can keep this years first round pick if we want its not guaranteed to go to Buffalo and their rebuild has barely started and they have no good pieces so how is their rebuild close to being done.

Terrible post

Janson

fireSNOW
Aug 5, 2007
Islander Country
A lot of what you said is wrong. First off no game ends a season in january. Forget playoffs and keep winning in garbage time? We are what 7 points out? How is that garbage time. And we can keep this years first round pick if we want its not guaranteed to go to Buffalo and their rebuild has barely started and they have no good pieces so how is their rebuild close to being done.

Terrible post

Well 7 points is meaningless buddy except when Carolina, New Jersey, Ottawa, Washington, Detroit, Columbus are ahead of us and Florida who beat you in regulation has 2 games in hand. We are now at game 51, January is basically February this year. Remember Sochi. Trade deadline is March 5 th, week after Olympics. Do some math before you post, terrible.

Ps- we have 14 games left before this org has to make a final decision with Vanek.

Last edited:

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I ranted a lot in this thread and I don't usually do that. I guess I was more angry that it was the effin Flyers that beat us again. The team had a good road trip. They played well yesterday considering that they were without Hamonic. Poulin had a bad game but that comes with being a rookie. The 3rd period collapse kind of reminded me of the way things were. They're still a better team then they were earlier in the season.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Dec. was a good month……yet…. all 3 losses all had the 1st line playing 22-25mins..minus 2 and 3 for the line in all cases.
Dec. wins they played 19-21 mins…..except 1……..see any relation to team success here:nod:

Team usage and over use is key…three letters spell success……….TOI………needing to score more is not the problem…tail chasing overplaying personel is…for every goal they give up you now have to put them out there again to attempt to get it back? Leading to yet another…..Not too often the dog catches his tail…he usually tires himself out!

I can't believe I missed your posts Camper. I agree with your points, which you already know, but honestly I expected Crappy to screw up ice time vs. Philly. He has no answer for physical clubs except to try jamming the square peg into the round hole hahder when it doesn't fit the first time.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
No, not bad at all. We can still beat the Rangers all three and Philly on Monday. But this loss brought out the weaknesses that we all thought were no brainers during the offseason.

Goaltending problems

Depth at defense

That said we need to beat Philly in regulation. I believe we are only 7 points out, big game Monday.

I'll be shocked if we win on Monday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad