GDT: [#50] Leaves @ Starz, 6:30 PM CST (FSSW, Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Forgot to mention this earlier, but the random and risky passes the Leafs make in their own zone are just shocking. They'll throw the puck in front of their own net with opposing players there without even thinking and often times turn it over. It's no wonder they struggle so much defensively. I'm starting to think they don't exactly struggle as bad as we think with the actual defensive part of the game (although they're definitely still weaker than most there), but that they're so unnecessarily risky with their outlet passes and careless with the puck in their own end (a lot of trying to be too cute with it) that it just ends up costly a lot of the time. Maybe it was just the Stars physicality that was scaring them at times or something idk but it felt like every pass in their own end was a risk just about.

But hey, when the pass does get through suddenly you have a scoring chance about to develop.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Easy to say now, but I might have gone with Dobby in this one. One of his best performances I can recall in his time as a Star came against the Leafs.

Also Seguin's gotta stop looking so ordinary out there. He just is a net nothing player out there, adding very little of anything to the game it seems. His speed and shot are just average, would love to see him get an ugly one, anything, these 10 game plus streaks without a goal are unacceptable.

Also Klingberg was trying to do way too much in this one, plus the blown coverage on Nylander was costly. Can you really tell a player as dynamic as Kling is capable of being, to keep it simple though?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
That was a good game . Stars deserved the win but that’s the way she goes sometimes . I am loving how Gurianov is quickly becoming the guy you don’t want to leave open .

Reactions: Kipper 17

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What this game again showed is the Stars aren't a bad offensive team , they are a god damn wasteful offensive team. They create a ton of scoring chances and spectacularly fail on most of them.

Reactions: Kcb12345

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
What this game again showed is the Stars aren't a bad offensive team , they are a god damn wasteful offensive team. They create a ton of scoring chances and spectacularly fail on most of them.
yeah this is really confusing for me. everyone says that it's a defensive system => goals are down, but eye test shows chance after chance that the system generates, but the players aren't converting. like, how did these guys forget how to shoot the puck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad