50 Greats from 50 Nations

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Suker can't clean Boban's cleats. To pick him over Zvone is an insult to sanity. Same goes for Modric. Prosinecki had more talent than all of them, but sadly never delivered on potential because of various reasons.

If we include all Croatian born players (Jerkovic, Beara, Vukas, etc) Suker doesn't come close to #1 spot.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Suker can't clean Boban's cleats. To pick him over Zvone is an insult to sanity. Same goes for Modric. Prosinecki had more talent than all of them, but sadly never delivered on potential because of various reasons.

If we include all Croatian born players (Jerkovic, Beara, Vukas, etc) Suker doesn't come close to #1 spot.

Alen Boksic seemed more talented than Suker as well from what I remember. Not as great a finisher but his technical ability was something else.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I consider Modric as the best midfielder in the world right now. Boban was great but i don't think he was ever considered the best. Modric for Croatia for me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For those who would have seen both, how would Zico compare to Platini?

Very comparable IMO, but Zico was injured in key moments of his career. Also didn't spend much time in Europe. But he too, in other circumstances, could have had a better career than Maradona.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
We've had a few wrong, more profiles have been posted on the site. NO CHEATING :laugh:

Ryyi11x.jpg

He's Korean, we got that part right, won't give any other hints, there's not a million options here.

9Exxo1V.jpg

That one is crazy. Evilo, it's in your wheelhouse, that's all I'll say.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes.
Could be amazing, but highly inconsistant. I think he scored 5 or 6 assists in one single game. Don't remember exactly as I was fairly young.

Is he the best Yugoslavian player ever though? Not sure. Wasn't Bobek considered more highly?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Yes.
Could be amazing, but highly inconsistant. I think he scored 5 or 6 assists in one single game. Don't remember exactly as I was fairly young.

Is he the best Yugoslavian player ever though? Not sure. Wasn't Bobek considered more highly?

i don't know who could be the best ever, but if i have to pick one...Savicevic!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yes.

Safet wasn't the best, and I don't think he's on the list as the best Yugoslav player, but rather as a Bosnian. He was a guy who could drive you mad one second then make your jaw drop the next.

And yes, Bobek was better. So was Beara (Yashin said he's the best goalie he ever saw), Dzajic, Vukas etc.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Yeah, he's there for Bosnia. So we still don't have a Serbian player on this list then.

Just thought of something, if Macca is there, #11 can't be Gordon Banks. Besides, the crest on his kit is not the three lions. So that #11 guy is missing as well I think.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who is in from USA?

Cherundolo, Dempsey, Donovan or Howard?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Ahhh, Bosnia. But he didn't play for Bosnia, did he?

My immediate answer would also have been that he didn't. Officially, I'm sure that's correct.

Wikipedia lists him as having played for them twice in 1993.

Iffy a source as that is, it appears before Bosnia became FIFA-registered, they played some unofficial games. Maybe Susic participated in those.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad