GDT: #50 | FLYERS (A) vs. Devils (H) | Thursday, Apr. 29, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The Covid excuse is utter b.s. They seem to have no problem finding “focus” once they are down a few goals.

This team, night after night, comes out unprepared and, to be brutally honest, seemingly uninterested in the game that they are being very well paid to play. It’s inexcusable and it’s on both the coaches and the players.

The youth players haven't quit and are trying to earn a roster spot for next year including Zamula last night. Many (not all G and Couts for sure not on this list) of the vets are ready for the golf tees at Merion and have quit on the coach and each other. Even Hayes the biggest of the AV smooch club has quit in April.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Claude Giroux is not the problem. For anyone that needs to hear that.
Like I said in another thread, I'd be looking to trade him.

Not because he is part of the problem, but because by the time we fix these problems he won't be able to carry this team anymore. It would be better for him and for the team, as much as it would be sad to see him play for another team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You couldn't get enough for Giroux to make a trade worthwhile.
He'll be 34 next year with one year left on his contract, which at $8.25M isn't peanuts.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If Lindblom, Frost, Patrick can breakout next year. Hell even one of them I’ll be happy.

Myers and Provorov need to step up too.

our team relied on young players who haven’t blossomed yet.

This team could be a force if our prospects hit stride. If Hart plays like a top goalie.
Ghost and Frost could light up the power play.

it just seems this management and coaching has done something to hinder all these players ability to succeed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Lindblom, Frost, Patrick can breakout next year. Hell even one of them I’ll be happy.

Myers and Provorov need to step up too.

our team relied on young players who haven’t blossomed yet.

This team could be a force if our prospects hit stride. If Hart plays like a top goalie.
Ghost and Frost could light up the power play.

it just seems this management and coaching has done something to hinder all these players ability to succeed.

Or maybe the Hockey Gods:

Lindblom, his primary issue is stamina
Patrick, scrambled brains
Frost, hurt his shoulder
Farabee, hit the wall (needs more strength and stamina), still on a 20-20 ES pace at 20 years old (age at beginning of normal season)
TK is having an offseason but still on a 36 point ES pace.
Sanheim isn't scoring but otherwise having a solid season despite Myers pulling him down
Allison driving play in his rookie cameo
Laczynski showing potential to be an above average 4C

Provorov is having an offseason, but partially due to partners, played well with Braun until Braun's legs fell off
Myers is struggling with defensive mistakes but the talent is there
Hagg may have turned the corner since Tahoe
NAK has regressed.

Hard to say coaching plays much of a role, health and the inevitable backslide by a few prospects seem more important

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine watching this whole season and coming to the conclusion "Hard to say coaching plays much of a role".

:facepalm:

I guess Stockholm Syndrome is a real thing.

The issue was the performance of young players.
Do you think Lindblom's issues are cancer or AV?

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
I saw a sam semion (i think thats the name) thing about corporations measuring performance and not trust. I don't think there is an ounce of trust in this organization and it reflects in performance.
I have said it before this is an entertainment company not a hockey org.
Think about what Mario did this year when he smelled trouble. Major move with gm and president and boom they git back on the rails. A hockey man running a hockey team....we suck as an org and its easy to see how broken we are.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I saw a sam semion (i think thats the name) thing about corporations measuring performance and not trust. I don't think there is an ounce of trust in this organization and it reflects in performance.
I have said it before this is an entertainment company not a hockey org.
Think about what Mario did this year when he smelled trouble. Major move with gm and president and boom they git back on the rails. A hockey man running a hockey team....we suck as an org and its easy to see how broken we are.
simon sinek?

Last edited:
Reactions: Irvdog13

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is no such thing as THE issue - everything is broken. You have completely divorced yourself from reality. May God have mercy on your soul.

Everything is broken, that's the definition of a clusterf--k season.
Question is do you merely need superglue or do you throw it in the trash and buy a new team?

Fix the goalies, get a veteran RHD for the top four and a few minor tweaks.
Then you'll know if this season was an anomaly or a trend.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad