GDT: #50 - 2/1/20 | RANGERS @ red wings | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I mean, just post-lockout off the top of my head: Straka Olympics 06, Cherepanov, Callahan injury 2011, Staal eye injury, Zuccarello 2015...

The lottery last year was the first moment of legitimate good luck I remember in the whole of my 30 years of fandom.
Damn, how'd you forget McDonagh's stick getting lifted leading to Hank taking a slapper right to the carotid? That was one of the weirder freak accidents I've ever seen in hockey.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I mean, just post-lockout off the top of my head: Straka Olympics 06, Cherepanov, Callahan injury 2011, Staal eye injury, Zuccarello 2015...

The lottery last year was the first moment of legitimate good luck I remember in the whole of my 30 years of fandom.
I’d reckon aside from Cherepanov, most NHL teams have had worse luck. And I even hesitate to categorize Cherepanov as “Rangers luck”. Seems to diminish the fact that a young man passed away. I agree the Rangers aren’t a lucky team like Pittsburgh or Colorado...but they’re not snakebit like the Knicks or Jets. Those are teams that can’t get out of their own way.
This Kreider injury is crazy timing though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Damn, how'd you forget McDonagh's stick getting lifted leading to Hank taking a slapper right to the carotid? That was one of the weirder freak accidents I've ever seen in hockey.

I didn’t, but he was back for the playoffs, so I didn’t really count it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I didn’t, but he was back for the playoffs, so I didn’t really count it.
Fair. I'm still amazed he was able to recover that quickly from that injury, especially since it initially looked like he just suffered a season-ending injury. Zucc's was obviously much more serious, but it didn't look as bad initially since he just slowly skated off the ice.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
not sure why we're playing Kreider in tonight's game tbh. You haven't negotiated with his agent in a year. He's gone in 3 weeks. He's not a Pageau having a breakout year. He's proven and known commodity. Icky.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
But isn’t that kind of the point? His game mainly revolves around his skating. And with age, your speed usually slows down. The saving grace is that Kreider is a freak athlete and works out like crazy. So maybe you might be right. We’ll just have to see. Players age differently.
I understand that. Who knows with Kreider but one of the best net front players in the league. Can't Graves teach our younger players how to do this and if they don't have the will then make them get that will to go to the net.

Reactions: Buchnevich89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad