GDT: #5 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 15th | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
If they want any success today, get more in the eye of the Tampa goalie without bumping into him, grab or trip him. If you do that enough when you have possession, especially when you get a chance to tire their D pair out in the offensive zone, you can beat him. Do not try to be too perfect on the shot, get on the net preferably near the post instead of the middle part of the net. If you can tip some shots or get him to slide to one side and shoot hard enough to get a rebound, even better. Avoid taking bad penalties and have better passes on PP. 2nd & 3rd efforts are a must to beat out a solid and experienced Tampa D.

Keep shift short to avoid being outskated by them at the end of a shift but be highly focused on the line change. The rest just listen to Trotz and be ready & focused each shift. Do not miss a shot when the chance is there. Sometimes goalies do miss saves if when hot. They are not robots. The worst you can do is miss the net. If you can get the goalie to come out of their net to handle the puck more often, this can cause them to get tired and sometimes throw them off their focus. Avoid unnecessary icings

Last edited:

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Turned 56 today and like Mickey Mantle use to say "if I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself" LOL Would be a nice Bday present, LGI!!!

Happy 56th birthday to you.

It will be a tough hill to climb for the Isles, but hopefully they pull one out of fire tonight. I will be listening to Game 5 on Sportsnet 650 at work, as I will be driving in Metro Vancouver.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Happy 56th birthday to you.

It will be a tough hill to climb for the Isles, but hopefully they pull one out of fire tonight. I will be listening to Game 5 on Sportsnet 650 at work, as I will be driving in Metro Vancouver.

be sure to hit up Score on Davie for me - Killer burger.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Turned 56 today and like Mickey Mantle use to say "if I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself" LOL Would be a nice Bday present, LGI!!!
Sunday I will turn 54 and it would be nice celebration having Isles still in Edmonton!

there's is another guy having birthday on Sunday....but I don't want to think about Tr91Tor

Reactions: frankieboy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Words can’t express how proud I’ll be of this team if they win this game tonight. I think people don’t realize the degree of desperation you have here from Tampa knowing that Dallas closed that series out and they do not want to play another game. And when you have desperation vs desperation in this sort of situation the grossly more talented team as Tampa is probably is going to win 80 to 90% of the time. This is a game that Tampa probably only gets beat EASILY if their goalie plays poorly and I see no way the Islanders win if Varly doesn’t play his best game. To a degree I would say game six is an easier game if they win tonight because Tampa’s focus at that point shifts from desperation to close out to we need to win and a team that’s failed 3-4 times as they have I think there’s more pressure on them in game six at that point. If somehow we are here in 4 days having came back or about to play a game 7 I think we will all realize this game was the hardest one of the 3

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
This is like the oldest corner of the internet. A bunch of geriatrics reminiscing about when their hockey team was good 40 years ago. Just kidding, love you all.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm hoping DAL clinching will create a little anxiousness on the part of TB to close us out tonight. If we can hold them off and maybe even score first (and not give up 2 goals in the next 30 seconds), it might play with their heads a bit.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Tonight is a coin flip, but a huge momentum swing if we can pull it off. Tampa closed out both prior series in 5 games. If we push it to 6, I think a bit of doubt starts to creep in and those who were around in 2018 have flashbacks of that year's ECF (losing Game 6 and 7 to Trotz) and last year's collapse.

LGI - great run whatever happens

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This is like the oldest corner of the internet. A bunch of geriatrics reminiscing about when their hockey team was good 40 years ago. Just kidding, love you all.

Well, I do know that @doublechili and I have seen much better hockey than you have. -- certainly if just discussing the Isles... :)

Just kidding, I love you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad