GDT: #5 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 15th | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
How many shots has JB blocked already, horrible he is just getting ice time now. Better late than never I guess, in front tying up the attacker too. Take notes young ones.
As I have said endless times, Boychuk is better than Mayfield, Greene and probably even Toews, it is absurd that he has been scratched this long in the playoffs if healthy and available.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As I have said endless times, Boychuk is better than Mayfield, Greene and probably even Toews, it is absurd that he has been scratched this long in the playoffs if healthy and available.
Uh...no. I'm a JB fan and there is no way Andy Greene hasn't been better than this year's version of Boychuk just about every game since Greene got here.

You have an image of Boychuk from 3 years ago. Back when we were saying him and Leddy were the 2 most indispensible players we had. This year I'm just happy JB never really got hurt and was able to play nearly every game.

Reactions: Olliemets

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
He’s been great. Both of those things happened from blocking shots.

I mean, I love the guy but he took a puck to the gut, a puck that knocked his skate blade off, and had a bad pinch that led to a rush against. We need to pump the breaks here a bit. He's likely not going to be the difference between winning and losing, but hopefully it's a nice dose of energy for the guys which can have an effect.

Jethro

Another relic...
Oct 9, 2015
S. Florida
YaGottaBelieve.jpg

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I mean, I love the guy but he took a puck to the gut, a puck that knocked his skate blade off, and had a bad pinch that led to a rush against. We need to pump the breaks here a bit. He's likely not going to be the difference between winning and losing, but hopefully it's a nice dose of energy for the guys which can have an effect.
You're talking like taking a puck in the gut and blocking a shot with his skate are negative events. Both were good plays.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
You're talking like taking a puck in the gut and blocking a shot with his skate are negative events. Both were good plays.

No they were definitely good plays. But, people are mostly reminiscing about what was a pretty benign period for the dude.

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
No they were definitely good plays. But, people are mostly reminiscing about what was a pretty benign period for the dude.
the dude just played his first 20 min of playoff hockey in weeks....looks alright to me and has already made an impact.
hopefully he is warming up

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’d take 4 Beauvillers 4 Cizikas and 4 Pageaus and roll 4 lines and win hockey games.

these guys are Just always maximum effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad