5 of top 14 teams are from the eastern conference.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
The Atlantic alone has 3 of the top 5 teams in the NHL...you can twist the stats however you want. The conferences are pretty equal. More depth and reliability in the West, more volatility in the East.
Beg pardon? Nashville, Tampa, Boston, Winnipeg and Vegas are the nhl’s top five. Pretty sure three of those five are from the west.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I wonder why no one else brings up the Lightning record or the Bruins record against the Atlantic the way only the Leafs get brought up in that example.
The poster you quoted was quoting a post that mentioned all three of Tampa, Boston, and Toronto... That's someone. To be fair, the poster didn't bring up the record. That said, it's silly to suggest that the division makes things significantly easier when it's shown that teams such as Toronto as are fairly consistent in how they perform in division vs out of division, and in conference vs out of conference. I can get the argument of beating up on a team in division, but that can happen in any division.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Why are you hiding who you root for?

Hiding? LOL

Oh a Leafs fan. Caps have come closer to beating Pitt than the Loafs ever could. Hey hope you win a SC sometime this century :laugh:
Hint - it's no longer a 6 team league :nod:

Also, the irony of your statement coming from a Caps fan

upload_2018-3-26_21-50-26.png

LOLOLOL

Reactions: Brock Radunske

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Did you say top 14 because #15 + #16 are eastern conference teams?

Agendas aside, 7 of the top 16 teams are from the East so slightly less than 50%
Yes. Because if I had said the top 16 teams, then my statement of " 5 of the top 14 teams" would then not have been true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad