Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | August 20th | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-0

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If Clutter is truly a gametime decision, it probably makes more sense to sit him and shift Uncle Leo to the fourth line.

In an ideal world, if Ladd is healthy and able to skate and contribute, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the third line.

JGP needs some offensive help on that line and Ladd has the shot and ability to score a goal in close.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
To me, it's pretty simple. Our special teams have to contribute, one way or another. In short, if our PP is going to suck (pretty good chance of that) then our PK has to be perfect. Of course, the best PK is no PK at all.

Btw, I'm going to miss the mid-week daytime hockey while I was "working" at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
If Clutter is truly a gametime decision, it probably makes more sense to sit him and shift Uncle Leo to the fourth line.

In an ideal world, if Ladd is healthy and able to skate and contribute, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the third line.

JGP needs some offensive help on that line and Ladd has the shot and ability to score a goal in close.
I agree on Ladd, he's got size and can lay the body in the O-zone, and a good shot to go with it. Leo stays with the fourth line and on the PK. I think that's our best lineup if Cal is more than just a little dinged up.

Reactions: danteipp

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
To me, it's pretty simple. Our special teams have to contribute, one way or another. In short, if our PP is going to suck (pretty good chance of that) then our PK has to be perfect. Of course, the best PK is no PK at all.

Btw, I'm going to miss the mid-week daytime hockey while I was "working" at home.

The ole "working from home" routine eh? Same as when the Masters start too Correct?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
112280125-taking-care-of-business-checklist-get-it-done-3d-illustration.jpg

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Din't drink at all Tuesday...we saw the result.

Made sure I'm working from home tomorrow...so the booze will be flowing tonight.

LET'S f***ING GOOOOOOO!

same. didnt drink tuesday for the first time and they lost. i was at a wedding last night, so not feeling great today, but need to have some beers for tonight's game for the greater good..

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

PeteRFNY

Apr 9, 2007
Clinton, NJ
rfny.hankhayes.com
I am just hoping they got all the sloppy mistakes out of the way. If I had taken a drink every time I heard "puck gets away from...(insert name here)" and "(insert name here)...sends the puck behind the net" during Game 4 I would have died from alcohol poisoning. Feeling optimistic but also jittery. May just watch this game via the game thread LOL!

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
I feel like I should break out a jersey tonight. Its so freaking hot wearing a Boychuk or Lehner Jersey. Maybe I wear my Czerkawski jersey but I haven't worn that in years.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I agree on Ladd, he's got size and can lay the body in the O-zone, and a good shot to go with it.

watching those 2011 highlights again aren’t ya . He can’t skate anymore , can’t stick handle , and passing is not his thing. If “ lay the body in the O-zone “ means stand at the circle and wait for someone to do the hard work and feed him for a wrister then you are correct. He is unique in that he is a player that trails the play into the O zone yet seconds later is trailing the play into the D zone .. LGI

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

After watching the last 2 games, I'm now a little fearful. I'm starting to think that if we continue to go 0-fer on the PP, we won't win the series. The series is one play away from being 2-2 and it could have been a definitive sweep if we scored just one PP goal in each of the last 2 game, which was 0 for 5 in each game.

Reactions: Capt Obvious

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
After watching the last 2 games, I'm now a little fearful. I'm starting to think that if we continue to go 0-fer on the PP, we won't win the series. The series is one play away from being 2-2 and it could have been a definitive sweep if we scored just one PP goal in each of the last 2 game, which was 0 for 5 in each game.

My hunch is they lose tonight and win Saturday. Don’t know why but I have that feeling. Keep in mind too that Varlamov save right before the Ot winner is currently a huge play in the series otherwise its 2-2

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
just play smart- you cannot contain the caps forever, but gifting them PP time is foolish. keep this a 5 on5 game, and play to our strengths. you know this game will get chippy- it takes more dedication to get beat up a little than to retaliate and lose PP time

we have the stronger D, and hotter goalie...this is our game to lose

Reactions: TMI

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Gallagher out for Montreal. If we win I think it’s highly remote we need to worry about them coming back and having to play Boston

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
How can we lose?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200819-220316_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200819-220316_Twitter.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Staying out of the box is going to have to be our PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13th Floor

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
All I want is a full 60-minute effort. If that happens and we lose I can accept that, but I can't accept handing the other team momentum, and a victory, because you're not skating/trying hard enough.

Leave it all out on the ice or don't step foot on it.
60 minutes or however long it takes. Just win.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I agree with a few here that believe we should give Ladd a shot on 3rd line. That is, if clutter is out and we move Leo down. My only concern is why hasn’t Trotz given Ladd a shot already ? I have a feeling Ladd must have lost even another step... We will find out soon enough.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad