Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | August 20th | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-0

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
NEW YORK ISLANDERS VS PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

GM 1 | AUG. 25 | 7 PM | SCOTIABANK ARENA
WATCH: MSG+ | MSG GO | NBCSN | SN | TVAS | NHL.TV
LISTEN: 88.7FM | 98.7FM | 1050 AM | SIRIUSXM CH. 91

P

W.

zFgV7vd.png

Playoff Series History

1974-1975

1975 NHL Semi-Finals: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1979-1980

1980 NHL Stanley Cup Final: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1984-1985

1985 NHL Patrick Division Finals: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1985-1986

https://www.hockey-reference.com/playoffs/1987-new-york-islanders-vs-philadelphia-flyers-patrick-division-finals.html

All Time Record VS Flyers

........................ALL GAMES...........................................................HOME.............................................................AWAY.....................................................PLAYOFFS.....................
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
119-153-2644.33.03.371-64-1552.33.43.048-89-1136.12.73.611-1444.02.83.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Probable Starting Goalies:

RQoKxrg.png

Possible Lineups:

dSeAXft.png

Team Leaders:

3Cbjtbi.png

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Any update on Clutterbuck? Didn't look good since he didn't return and Trotz was not happy after the game about it. Interesting decision coming up because Washington certainly increased their intensity level physically and you can't play a 75% Clutterbuck and lose him early in this game without it taking a toll. Maybe Dobson dresses in a 11/7 set up to get his PP skills in the lineup.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Here's hoping the Isles do not let the Caps back in the series tonight...the Pageau experiment is not the answer...over spot playing him on face-offs on the Ciz line has not helped with possession during Caseys face-off problems.
Too many times during games he turns over possession on line changes for no reason dumping the puck into the Caps zone giving the Capitols free possession....
The Islanders 4th line and the toughness they bring is being eliminated because they are split up....

Capitols D-men no longer worry about the dreaded 4th line forechecking the snot out of them...instead all you have is another smurf line ..even if Pageau wins the face-off possession is constantly being given back to the Capitols when he dumps the puck with no forecheck.. giving back possession to the Capitols..

The identity line is being eliminated by this overthinking of the face-off ....The Capitols are loving it for sure.
Game 4 Face-off stats...Casey 6-3...Pageau 4-6...now add his giving away possession on line changes , the Love fest isn't working

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
A loss isn’t the end of the world but they simply can’t lose like 5-0 or something along those lines. We’ve seen when teams blow these 3-0 leads in recent years they usually lose at least one game like that in the 4-5 stretch

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Any update on Clutterbuck? Didn't look good since he didn't return and Trotz was not happy after the game about it. Interesting decision coming up because Washington certainly increased their intensity level physically and you can't play a 75% Clutterbuck and lose him early in this game without it taking a toll. Maybe Dobson dresses in a 11/7 set up to get his PP skills in the lineup.
Trotz said yesterday that Clutter is ready to play.

Reactions: danteipp and Jethro

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Barry said everyone is available, if that is so. We could see Boychuck back. Regardless of who's in tonight. Got to play like it as a game 7. You don't want this going 6. Where the Caps will have some life, and Backstrom is good to go. Finish it tonight. Big game.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
"The inches we need are everywhere." -Al Pacino "Any Given Sunday. The NFL sucks but I digress. The Isles need to fight for every inch. If they do, they win. Special Teams IS THE KEY! No lazy penalties and get that powerplay operating like a well oiled machine and not the broken "excavator" its been (sorry too much Blippi, parents with you ones know what I mean.) Stick to the structure and system and they will be fine. Tonight's game is the key. " Weather the storm" in the first ten minutes. I expect the Caps to come out flying, if the Isles can stay with it and cast that doubt in the Caps mind they will fold. They can't play the perfect game 4 straight times, the human condition says as much. Isles will close this out! LGI! However, if the Caps get this one then its "Code 10 scale" panic for me.

Reactions: beach

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Boys had their wake up call and the Caps had their desperation. Expecting the Isles to shut this down tonight and move on to the next round. Everyone skates hard a full 60.

Reactions: scott99 and TMI

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
All I want is a full 60-minute effort. If that happens and we lose I can accept that, but I can't accept handing the other team momentum, and a victory, because you're not skating/trying hard enough.

Leave it all out on the ice or don't step foot on it.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
All I want is a full 60-minute effort. If that happens and we lose I can accept that, but I can't accept handing the other team momentum, and a victory, because you're not skating/trying hard enough.

Leave it all out on the ice or don't step foot on it.
Those last 2 periods were so uncharacteristic of this team. After a completely dominant period, with a demoralized opponent and a sweep in sight, they stopped doing what got them there. I will be stunned if they show less than a full effort throughout tonight. I won't call it full 60, since it may take more.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Trotz now saying Clutter is a game time decision.
We're not getting much from clutter besides his usual energy. If they have to plug in Ross or Kuhn, I don't think it would hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad