Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | August 20th | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-0

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I did see that. The beatdown had to be embarrassing for Leonsis and maybe he would like to rid himself, and the Caps fans, of all reminders of his mistake and therefore TR goes. He sure got schooled by the master. But, was it a bubble anomaly or the real deal and does that matter?

The point was also made today on the Burnside/LeBrun podcast that it will be interesting to see how GMs handle what they saw in the bubble, either negative or positive. Again, were the results anomalies or more than that? Will they take them as indicators of the true character of their respective teams or will they treat them as one offs and unusual circumstances?

Of course, with what has happened with the cap, a lot of GMs are going to be making moves that a year ago wouldn't have seemed possible and so all kinds of reading into the motivation behind deals and signings will be going on that may have nothing to do with reality.

All interesting points. Obviously everyone is going to take something new from this unprecedented situation.

That said I think the predominant things driving the next offseason will be the flat cap and the upcoming Seattle expansion draft.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
All interesting points. Obviously everyone is going to take something new from this unprecedented situation.

That said I think the predominant things driving the next offseason will be the flat cap and the upcoming Seattle expansion draft.
Point was also made on that podcast that Seattle has opportunity to be stacked due to a lot of unaffordable talent being available to them. Pretty nice to start out with zero bad contracts.

Reactions: buud and periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Point was also made on that podcast that Seattle has opportunity to be stacked due to a lot of unaffordable talent being available to them. Pretty nice to start out with zero bad contracts.

The Kraken are going to confirm that more than ever cap space is a huge asset.

Reactions: Capt Obvious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad