Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | June 7th | 6:30 PM | F/W 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I hate fans who yell "SHOOOOOOT" every time we cross the blue line, but in our case it's warranted. SHOOOOOOT.

Not sure if it was just my section, but it was relentless from the people in my section on Saturday night. Even if there was 3 bodies in the shooting lane

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not sure if it was just my section, but it was relentless from the people in my section on Saturday night. Even if there was 3 bodies in the shooting lane
It's the same around 201 where I've been for the playoffs. The minute we have the puck in the zone, on the power play...SHOOOOOOT. Nobody cares that there are big bodies in the way.

Reactions: nyscene

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Priority #1:

STAY
OUT
OF
THE
BOX

So far:

Boston is 4 for 9 on the PP (44.4%)
NYI are 3 for 11 on the PP (27.2%) and now 3 for our last 15 (20%) without Wahlstrom

I would absolutely HATE this to be what decides this series

Reactions: periferal

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I hate fans who yell "SHOOOOOOT" every time we cross the blue line, but in our case it's warranted. SHOOOOOOT.
this is so true. i always say this at games. everyone yells shoot when its not time to shoot. However in the isles case we do need to shoot more

Reactions: MJF

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Amen brother. f***ing amen. On the PP once the Isles set up in the opponent's zone they have about 5 seconds before some idiot fans just yell, "SHOOT!" without any consideration of situation.

Like we need Bailey 30 feet out on the half-wall with a defender in his face lobbing his softball towards the net.

Reactions: MJF

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
sooooooooo who becomes the hero tonight. Right here right now. Need the absolute best from Varly

That's the beauty of the playoffs...One night it's Casey Cizikas, another night it's David Volek.

Varly for sure has to play well since we can't seem to score more than 2 goals a game.

The hero ideally really should be a forward or two because Varly has kept us in the last few games.

Reactions: MJF and JKP

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
That's the beauty of the playoffs...One night it's Casey Cizikas, another night it's David Volek.

Varly for sure has to play well since we can't seem to score more than 2 goals a game.

The hero ideally really should be a forward or two because Varly has kept us in the last few games.
Pretty sure it won't be Volek tonight. ;)

Reactions: periferal and mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

Who will be the 21st century John Tonelli? Your boy Brock Nelson? I jest, but have a feeling Clutterbuck pops a huge one in tonight...

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Yes, Varly has been great against the Bruins this season.

In 10 games:

7-1-1 (we know where that OT loss came from)
322 out of 341 (.944 save percentage)

Allowed 2 goals or less in 7 of the 10 games (allowed ONLY 3 in each of the three remaining games) and that is with 4 of the games going into OT

106 of 112 in this series (.946 save percentage)

And just another reason to stay out of the box:

6 of the 19 goals he has given up against the Bruins (including 2 of the 6 in this series) has come on the PP.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Im sticking with zeeker -- kid is rollin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad