Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | June 7th | 6:30 PM | F/W 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
NEW YORK ISLANDERS AT BOSTON BRUINS

GAME 5: ISLANDERS AT BRUINS
6:30 PM | TD GARDEN
SERIES TIED 2-2
WATCH: NBCSN | SN1 | TVA SPORTS | NHL.TV
LISTEN: 88.7FM | 103.9FM | 98.7FM | 1050AM

Preview

New York Coming Off Deceiving Victory

New York needed a win in game four and they deserve full credit for evening the series. That said, a quick glimpse at a 4-1 score line does not tell the full story. The game was tied with less than seven minutes to play when Mathew Barzal scored the game winner. The Islanders added two empty net goals and suddenly a game that looked destined for overtime appeared to be a one-sided affair.

The Islanders were also aided by one of the worst playoff bloopers in recent memory. Bruins forward David Pastrnak missed a net that was quite literally, wide open. The fact the error came from such a prominent scorer was shocking and ultimately ended up changing the outcome of the game. The oddsmakers clearly were not convinced by the performance and don’t think there’s much chance the luck continues in game five.

Marchand Continues To Deliver In Big Games

Brad Marchand began his career as a pest and has evolved into an unquestionable superstar talent. He had 69 points in 53 regular season games, marking the fifth straight year he’s tallied more than a point per game. The Islanders are getting a first-hand lesson in how skilled Marchand is in the offensive end. He has three goals and two assists in the series and has recorded at least one point in every single game.

Yes, Marchand plays on a fantastic line with Pastrnak and Patrice Bergeron but he really is the straw that stirs the drink. He was a third line role player when he won his first Stanley Cup, but if the Bruins are to win this year he is the favorite to be the Conn Smythe winner. He’s developed into a 200-foot nightmare for opposing coaches and needs to be taken into consideration when deciding whether to wager against Boston.

Several Bruins Players Have Added Motivation

As if going deep in the playoffs wasn’t motivation enough, several members on the Bruins have extra reason to dig deep this year. Three of the top five highest paid pending unrestricted free agents are in the Boston lineup. Goaltender Tuukka Rask is due a new deal as is forward David Krejci. The biggest name headed to market, however, may be deadline acquisition Taylor Hall.

dLVzoHD.png

Playoff Series History

All Time Record VS Bruins

.......................ALL GAMES..........................................................HOME..............................................................AWAY....................................................PLAYOFFS.......................
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
W-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPGW-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPGW-LWIN%GFPGGAPGW-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPG
74-100-2145.32.93.341-47-1046.93.23.233-53-1139.72.73.410-566.74.03.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Probable Starting Goalies:

JzRjBEn.png

Possible Lineups:

WmAyq84.png

Team Leaders:

oQMvaee.png

Game 1 Recap

Islanders vs. Bruins - Game Recap - May 29, 2021 - ESPN

Game 2 Recap

Islanders vs. Bruins - Game Recap - May 31, 2021 - ESPN

Game 3 Recap

Bruins vs. Islanders - Game Recap - June 3, 2021 - ESPN

Game 4 Recap/Highlights

Bruins vs. Islanders - Game Recap - June 5, 2021 - ESPN

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Bruins fans are both losing hope and twisting their brains into pretzels to explain how the series is 2-2 instead of a Boston sweep lol. Maybe their fans should cheer louder?

4-2 good guys tonight, coming back the the Coli!

LGFI!
FB0F0F77-CDCB-4DE3-AEB3-FE845D71B097.png
Oh also I’m in the Isles hype video! Lfg!

Reactions: TMI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I hate fans who yell "SHOOOOOOT" every time we cross the blue line, but in our case it's warranted. SHOOOOOOT.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like when Trotz said the other night, I don't think Zajac lost a puck battle tonight. You can see why he is the Captain of NJ.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Play the way we did in game 4 and we should win tonight. Here's to my original prediction of Isles in 6. Expecting another solid game from Varly and have a strange feeling we see a Dobson goal tonight.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure we won more than a few times when I grabbed Poke before the game. Going to add to the goodluck mantra with this tonight.

Reactions: Instant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad