18 Petman Mikko, Lukko Rauma
19 Miettinen Veeti, Blues Espoo
21 Räty Aatu, Kärpät Oulu
22 Simontaival Kasper, Tappara Tampere
24 Räty Aku, Kärpät Oulu
26 Tieksola Tuukka, Kärpät Oulu
27 Hakanen Santtu, HPK Hämeenlinna
28 Hirvonen Roni, Blues Espoo

Missing our biggest stars (Lundell, Kakko, Heinola) and some key players (Nikkanen, Kallionkieli) but still stacked roster.
do you know why Kakko, Lundell, and Honka aren't playing? Do they need to be allowed by their Liiga teams?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Honka is overaged (he's late 2000). As for Lundell and Kakko it is making sense of not having them as they are not battling to be in the team, they will be if healthy and team not too far in playoffs.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wallstedt is playing pretty badly right now. And Sweden doesn't seem to roll any lines at all, some 2's are always together on the ice, but they have an ever changing 3rd.

E: Wallstedt out, Alnefelt in.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Wallstedt is playing pretty badly right now. And Sweden doesn't seem to roll any lines at all, some 2's are always together on the ice, but they have an ever changing 3rd.

E: Wallstedt out, Alnefelt in.

2nd goal was a huge blunder, not sure what happened on the 3rd.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Aatu Räty 1st goal... Loponen 2nd goal or that might have been deflected upfront... and Hirvonen 3rd

Reactions: FinPanda

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This is the worst I've seen this Swedish team play this tournament by a wide margin, and it doesn't help that the coach changes up the lines literally every shift. Raymond has also not been playing good, he does his solo efforts but follows it up by taking a shot from a really bad angle or passes to a Finnish player.

If I had to guess I think a lot, if not all, of Sweden's problems this tournament comes down to the coaching.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Time to axe the swedish u18 coach. He is not getting 100% from this talented swedish team.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sweden finally got a goal, scored by Nybeck, that was all Holtz & Costmar, though... Followed immedietly by another goal, scored by Gunler, assisted by Nybeck... Followed immedietly by a Finnish goal by Loponen.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
This is the worst I've seen this Swedish team play this tournament by a wide margin, and it doesn't help that the coach changes up the lines literally every shift. Raymond has also not been playing good, he does his solo efforts but follows it up by taking a shot from a really bad angle or passes to a Finnish player.

If I had to guess I think a lot, if not all, of Sweden's problems this tournament comes down to the coaching.

Coaching may be a part of it, but when the 02's don't deliver there's absolutely nothing to make up for it. Really crappy vintage up front, centers in particular, exacerbated by questionable scouting/selection processes all the way from U16.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Coaching may be a part of it, but when the 02's don't deliver there's absolutely nothing to make up for it. Really crappy vintage up front, centers in particular, exacerbated by questionable scouting/selection processes all the way from U16.
Well, coaching has everything to do with lines never staying together for more than a shift(and some centers double shifting on the wing, for reasons I have no idea), PP lines, & how players should play/what areas they should go to. Also when we did have set lines: what lines we're playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad