U18: 5-Nations Tournament, Sochi, Russia 5-9 feb

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was better for this group to get the first loss out of the way before the WJC18. You'd rather have the wake up call be in a tournament like this.

The defense needs to get better. 5 goals without Hughes is good, and we could also add 1-2 others before the WJC18 to the offense core.

The defense needs to bring up Kleven already. This game also shows that Rowe and Knight can't split games during the group stage of the WJC18. If the game is important, Knight needs to play. Rowe has decent potential and I often think that he plays way better than the stats say, but he does have trouble keeping the puck out of the net.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
It is pretty obvious that russia has the strongest team so far. I had no idea that they were that good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
They are playing dumb hockey and the coach is giving too much ice time to grinders. Lindmark being on the PP instead of Farrell because he’s better at FO’s than Zegras is bad reasoning. Boldy’s decision making has been awful today.

We’ve been the better team, but Finland leads after Thrun made a bad pinch and left York and Knight stranded.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They are playing dumb hockey and the coach is giving too much ice time to grinders. Lindmark being on the PP instead of Farrell because he’s better at FO’s than Zegras is bad reasoning. Boldy’s decision making has been awful today.

We’ve been the better team, but Finland leads after Thrun made a bad pinch and left York and Knight stranded.

Who scored for Finland?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Knight was huge in that win. The Finnish goalie also played very well.

That wasn’t a good performance by us. The stars carried us, but even they weren’t that good. Zegras was anonymous besides one shift, Turcotte made the dumbest play I’ve seen him make that almost let Finland back in the game.

Too many penalties and bad puck decisions in this game, and the coaching wasn’t good either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad