U18: 5 Nations Tournament 4-8 February

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Just tuning into Swe-Fin game.. can anyone update score/scorers after first period?

game should be seen there but technical problems atm?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
This is something that's been bugging me for years. When losing to somebody constantly for 10 years, maybe it's time to come up with a slightly different game plan? For the last 10 years, facing USA in playoffs in juniors = Sweden are out. We are usually not even close to win. That means that Sweden could only win a championship if somebody else knocks out USA. That is not the best circumstances when apparently Sweden is going for gold every year. It's been obvious for a long time that the way Sweden play fits the US like a glove. Still we (Sweden) just keep knocking our heads into the wall over and over again. It's just dumb.

Yeah that was what I meant by decent result a SO loss = close loss.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Seems like the best Swedish players are also having the strongest showings. Gonna need more depth contribution at the worlds.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Seems like the best Swedish players are also having the strongest showings. Gonna need more depth contribution at the worlds.

Filip Ahl isn't having the best tournament.. Should be able to play at the same level as Grundström and Asplund imo..

I'd like to see some points coming from Jesper Lindgren aswell. He needs confidence.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
the most underrated prospec is Ivanyuzhenkov, ha-ha

Looks like he's not doing much.

I am really impressed by how good two of the 16-year olds have been for Russia's U18 team: Sokolov and the rearguard Sergachev.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Russia 1998s look incredible. So much talent.

the same was said about 95. The pattern is stomped :) (дорожка протоптана), they go to CHL and without a coach watching them every step of the way, being affected by absolutely different system they don't reach the potential, at least many of them.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
the same was said about 95. The pattern is stomped :) (дорожка протоптана), they go to CHL and without a coach watching them every step of the way, being affected by absolutely different system they don't reach the potential, at least many of them.

Time to put a stop to this nonsense.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Sokolov, Yakovenko and Sergachev are amazing. If they head to the CHL I will cry.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
In case it isn't clear, these three are on the U18 roster. Which means that the U17 team is dominating the opposition without them.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Auston Matthews has had a pretty quiet tournament. He's been on a bit of a cold streak since coming back from the world juniors and I was hoping he'd have a big tournament here to get his game going again. He'll have to be a much bigger factor in April if the US is going to win gold and he wants to end the season with some momentum for the 2016 draft.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Auston Matthews has had a pretty quiet tournament. He's been on a bit of a cold streak since coming back from the world juniors and I was hoping he'd have a big tournament here to get his game going again. He'll have to be a much bigger factor in April if the US is going to win gold and he wants to end the season with some momentum for the 2016 draft.

not worried at all..

April will be the big test and I would much rather see White and Fischer explode and raise their draft stock over Matthews who has another full year to do so..

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
now with the state of the economy and the collapsing ruble it will only get worse, I am afraid

At the same time attitudes about one's country and nation are changing in a good way.

I think the newest generations of hockey players will be proud to represent their country, unlike the regrettable generations of 90s and, to some extent, the 00s.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
At the same time attitudes about one's country and nation are changing in a good way.

I think the newest generations of hockey players will be proud to represent their country, unlike the regrettable generations of 90s and, to some extent, the 00s.

They only think about dollars - country means almost nothing to them. I guess they feel they will be relocating to NA after they sign those gigantic NHL contracts!

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
it will be epic (and that'll happen for sure) if rumyantsev will pick ivanuzhenkov and ignore abramov for the wjc18.
Abramov must be there. He was a beast at U17 5 nations. Not as godlike as the future star of world hockey Ivanyuzhenkov but still pretty good.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Nice tournament for Russia! :handclap:

Also, a good showing by a handful of 2016 prospects. Not so good for some 2015 guys, at least on the stat sheet (not a good way to evaluate, of course). But still, I hoped to see some results for Kylington, for instance.

Nattinen, Ek Erikisson, and Spacek (with one more game to go) put up good numbers.

Can anyone tell me about Dmitry Zhukenov who finished with 2g and 2a?

I'm using this site for info:
http://www.hokej.cz/reprezentace/zapasy/32

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Sokolov with 2 more goals today. 5 goals 1 assist, best Russia's scorer.:yo:

Plays with Sokolov for MHL team The Omsk Hawks(Omskiye Yastreby). He has 3 goals and 16 assists in 33 games.

Thanks. :)

Just watched his goal against Sweden. Nice work by Kaprizov on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad