U18: 5 Nations Tournament 4-8 February

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
In the first 2 periods I would say sweden was better, in the third USA was much better. So over the whole game, I would say draw was fair.

Homer? :laugh:

Sweden was pretty good in most parts of the 2nd. Other than that it was mostly USA.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Does this tournament have a website? I am really confused about scheduling, rosters and results.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Sounds like the everyday result. No matter if we played better or worse, we found a way to lose against them.

This is something that's been bugging me for years. When losing to somebody constantly for 10 years, maybe it's time to come up with a slightly different game plan? For the last 10 years, facing USA in playoffs in juniors = Sweden are out. We are usually not even close to win. That means that Sweden could only win a championship if somebody else knocks out USA. That is not the best circumstances when apparently Sweden is going for gold every year. It's been obvious for a long time that the way Sweden play fits the US like a glove. Still we (Sweden) just keep knocking our heads into the wall over and over again. It's just dumb.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Russian roster for the U18 tournament

1 G Anton KRASOTKIN
30 G Ilya SAMSONOV

3 D Mikhail SIDOROV
4 D Aleksandr KOZYREV
5 D Egor VORONKOV
7 D Egor RYKOV
14 D Alexander YAKOVENKO
15 D Mikhail SERGACHYOV
22 D Andrei BANNIKOV

8 F Nikolai CHEBYKIN
10 F Mikhail VOROBYEV
11 F Artyom VOLKOV
12 F Artyom IVANYUZHENKOV
13 F Danil YURTAYKIN
17 F Danila KVARTALNOV
18 F Dmitri SOKOLOV
21 F Kirill KAPRIZOV
24 F Ivan YEMETS
25 F Denis GURYANOV
26 F Vladimir BARABANOV
27 F Dmitry ZHUKENOV
28 F Kiril BELYAEV

Russia Finland stream, 16.00 CET

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I think it's difficult to implement a game plan at the junior level that allows for success against every opponent. Coaches just want the kids to be on the same page and changing things up based on different opponents could do more harm than good.

At the junior level you could compare the US, Sweden and Russia to a game of rock-paper-scissors. US beats Sweden, Sweden beats Russia, Russia beats US.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Dmitri Sokolov with two goals today against Finland. And he's an underager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad