GDT: #5 | Capitals at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 14, 7:00 pm ET| NBCSP, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'd start Neuvirth. Elliott was so bad last game, plus Neuvirth played so well against Washington in the playoffs two years ago.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I do get the logic behind starting Elliott. Give him a chance to redeem himself quickly. Not starting him could signify that the coaching staff is already losing faith in him after one shaky performance.

That said, I would have gone with Neuvirth. I was expecting this to be a platoon and Elliott already has 3 starts to Neuvirths 1.

4 starts to 1 certainly doesnt feel like they are viewing them as a platoon.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I do get the logic behind starting Elliott. Give him a chance to redeem himself quickly. Not starting him could signify that the coaching staff is already losing faith in him after one shaky performance.

That said, I would have gone with Neuvirth. I was expecting this to be a platoon and Elliott already has 3 starts to Neuvirths 1.

4 starts to 1 certainly doesnt feel like they are viewing them as a platoon.

I get the logic of it too Reb, but it sure feels like Coach is settling into his routine, i.e. rut, when it comes to goaltending. I don't think he has the first clue how to manage them at the NHL level, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. It's no big deal for this game either way, just like losing the last game because of his daft challenge isn't a big deal in isolation - it's the long-term implications of everything he does that gets my union suit in a twist.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Neuvy seemed to really wear down as last season went on. He only won 5 of his last 17 and got lit up pretty often. It got worse when the team had no choice but to play him often. I'm concerned he can't handle the workload of even a platoon. Of course I want to be wrong as the potential's always been there, but if he can only play well down the season stretch as a backup, at least that position's covered.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Much like Trump is doing to America at the behest of Putin, I honestly think Haktard is trying to intentionally sabotage the team at this point.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
sFAGjEL.jpg

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Probably not a bad move. Caps have a fairly physical lineup, and you know Tom Wilson is always looking to stir something up. Manning will be a deterrent and keep the Caps honest. I'm sure this is just a one night situation. Sanheim will be back for the next game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm rapidly reaching the point where I question whether any level of talent can overcome the horrific top-down coaching philosophies. That's on Hextall because he hired Hakstol and Gordon.

Reactions: Stizzle and Magua

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Probably not a bad move. Caps have a fairly physical lineup, and you know Tom Wilson is always looking to stir something up. Manning will be a deterrent and keep the Caps honest. I'm sure this is just a one night situation. Sanheim will be back for the next game.

Being a punching bag is not a deterrent.

Any pugilist on the Caps is licking their chops at the idea of roughing up that stupid Potato.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm rapidly reaching the point where I question whether any level of talent can overcome the horrific top-down coaching philosophies. That's on Hextall because he hired Hakstol and Gordon.

It's definitely on Hextall as well at this point.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Guys, let's not overreact. It's one game. I like Sanheim and actually thought he would make the roster vs Morin, but sitting tonight is not going to kill him or impede his development. I'm sure he will be back in for the next one, and Mandog will be out once again.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
Probably not a bad move. Caps have a fairly physical lineup, and you know Tom Wilson is always looking to stir something up. Morin will be a deterrent and keep the Caps honest. I'm sure this is just a one night situation. Sanheim will be back for the next game.
Fixed that for you. Brandon Manning being in the lineup only means that when Tom Wilson takes a run at someone he also gets to beat up Brandon Manning.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Ive lived in Philly my whole life. Ive been a Flyers fan for my whole life.

Tonight will be my first game. Ever. Im going to the first 3 Flyer home games, the Sixers opener down in DC and then the first two games for them at home.

Its going to be a good couple of weeks. Just dont lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad