GDT: #5 | Capitals at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 14, 7:00 pm ET| NBCSP, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
The fourth game out of the first five that I'll have to miss... or at least won't be able to see in its entirety. I'll be at Hershey's home opener. They're playing the Sens... I was really hoping Ottawa would sign Vandy and send him down just so I could see the legend in person :laugh:

Flyers seem to do better when I don't watch, anyway. If we win I may have to sacrifice the rest of the season. :(

I am going to the phantoms game in Hershey Sunday I go to about 8-10 games a year there.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I am going to the phantoms game in Hershey Sunday I go to about 8-10 games a year there.
Nice! We were season ticket holders for the Bears from 05/06 through 08/09. I was also there in 2010 when they won the Calder Cup at home. I really miss going regularly but still try to get to probably as many games per year as you do.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'll be going with my 4 month old for her first game!

Caps lineup looks weaker. Their pp2 is lacking. Hoping for a win, strong goapltending, and sanhiems firsr goal.
As exciting as that is, I feel bad for the poor bastard sitting next to you...

Reactions: TheKingPin

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I'll be at this game. I am so freaking excited, I am not going to have a voice on Sunday.

Anyone got anything good to yell?

My go-to with Ovie/Kuzy on the ice is to yell NYET! whenever they screw up a play/miss a shot.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'll be at this game. I am so freaking excited, I am not going to have a voice on Sunday.

My go-to with Ovie/Kuzy on the ice is to yell NYET! whenever they screw up a play/miss a shot.
"fire hakstol"
yell "sucks" after they announce MacDonald's name in the pregame
"woo" for no rhyme or reason during every 10 seconds of the game
"get a life benny" to Jake

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

DO NOT "WOOO!" BE BETTER THAN THAT.

Start an "ASS-HOLE!" chant after a bad call by a ref or if a Capitals fan is being a douchebag. It's the classy thing to do.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Nice! We were season ticket holders for the Bears from 05/06 through 08/09. I was also there in 2010 when they won the Calder Cup at home. I really miss going regularly but still try to get to probably as many games per year as you do.

I have been going there since I was 6 And was a sth from 88-95 in my younger days back in the old building when they use to taunt the Albany river rats with rats hanging by a noose over the glass in warm ups. The players use to swing their sticks at them lol.

But yeah I know what u mean about being superstitous about winning. Last year during the win streak I dvr'D all of the games then watched them later because they were winning even on the weekends.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just want to say that our schedule so far is dire and stupid. We have to wait another whole day, or as country music's Loretta Lynn might (definitely would) say, "awholenother" day, until our next game? Outrageous. I'm furiously bored.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

When I was at Game 4 against the Caps a couple years back, a group of Caps fans strolled in late and sat in our section. They heard it from a lot of people for being late. And a few of us started chirping the guy wearing a Tom Wilson jersey. That was tons of fun.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I just want to say that our schedule so far is dire and stupid. We have to wait another whole day, or as country music's Loretta Lynn might (definitely would) say, "awholenother" day, until our next game? Outrageous. I'm furiously bored.
This is the one and only game we play over my 4 day fall break and I won't even be home to watch it... I've missed three of the first four already, including both wins. :laugh::cry:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is the one and only game we play over my 4 day fall break and I won't even be home to watch it... I've missed three of the first four already, including both wins. :laugh::cry:

That's awful. I was actually off work for the first four games (and they are on in the morning my time), so I was lucky - I am just impatient for them to get back to action lol. Especially after that Diamond Dave Debacle at the end of the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad