Post-Game Talk: 5 and 0 on the road!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eller has become what we all wanted him to become, at least for the 2012-2013 season and the 2013-2014 playoffs and the part of the 2014-2015 season following the removal of Rene Bourque :)

If he keeps it up through the end of this year and the playoffs, it will be a great relief and really satisfactory.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
P.K. Subban is turning out to be a dominant defensive player. Is there anything this guy can't do? What a treat to have him for the next 7.5 years!

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I think the Eller+ Sekac is something that we've been missing for a very long time. They're so relentless on the forecheck and cycle, I really think their success will determine how well we do in the playoffs-- they give us so much added depth when they play the way they do. At this point I don't even think it matters whose the second winger on that line...Prust, Bourni, Weise...Eller/Sekac will produce either way.

Also, if anyone is feeling bored, the Leafs post game show on TSN 1050 radio is pure gold.

I agree 100%.... to fix the PP i would try Ghetto, Eller and Sekac on the 2nd unit...they already have great puck procession and Ghetto has sniper written all over him.

Why not try that since we are already 24th in the league on the PP, couldn't hurt.

Fix the PP and we are truly BEASTS of the EAST!!!:nod:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He was always good defensively, but he's becoming downright dominant. This evolution is a wonderful thing to watch for us, and painful for all the haters.

yup, outside maybe 5 or 6 games were he was really bad this season, moslty due to him trying to do too much, he's been great.

best thing about it, pretty much guaranteed we'll have him for his whole career here :nod:

Davebo*

It's been a long time since we've gotten so much variety in our offence. It seems everyone's contributing.

If we ever get a working PP, we've got a real nice shot this year. The pieces are all there - they just need a plan, I think.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
He was always good defensively, but he's becoming downright dominant. This evolution is a wonderful thing to watch for us, and painful for all the haters.

If you follow the fancy stats....they would tell you Subban has been a dominant defensive force from basically Step One.

HabsChik*

Eller is a great #3 C. Nothing has shown us he would be a great #2 C. at least, not with any kind of consistency.

That has Eller hater written all over it. This is so much BS all rolled into one post.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Crazy stat: The Habs haven't lost to an Eastern Conference team since back-to-back losses to Buffalo on November 27th and 28th :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What this thread is missing is some vitriol for Therrien and his coaching tactics. Yet in that department all I hear are crickets chirping in the middle of winter

CanadianODST

Dec 17, 2014
What this thread is missing is some vitriol for Therrien and his coaching tactics. Yet in that department all I hear are crickets chirping in the middle of winter

As you should know by now, that is saved for when we lose and they don't have an actual reason. Also DD

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Eller is a great #3 C. Nothing has shown us he would be a great #2 C. at least, not with any kind of consistency.

Eller never gets the opportunity to show if he could be a #2 center

So that's a bit unfair to say

Given he gets virtually no PP time... I'd say he's earned a shot at getting that opportunity

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Eller never gets the opportunity to show if he could be a #2 center

So that's a bit unfair to say

Given he gets virtually no PP time... I'd say he's earned a shot at getting that opportunity
That's on our stubborn coach...someone will have to get injured before he realizes something like this...just ask Galchenyuk...;)

Pricef*

according to this board he should buy a lottery ticket, he's been "lucky" every game for over 2 years now! zero talent, all luck! :sarcasm:

And the real tragedy is that some here are upset deep down inside at his success!!:shakehead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
And the real tragedy is that some here are upset deep down inside at his success!!:shakehead
The tragedy seems to be MT's ego and his success...I want the Habs to win, not Therrien...I was a fan of the TEAM before Therrien, and will be once he is fired...not really that hard to grasp...
Go Habs Go!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad