GDT: 5/9/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #1 Montréal [ECSF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
I like Tampa too, if we don't win this series I want them to face Chicago in the final, that would be epic! They also have 4 player that have play in the Quebec junior hockey recently, I have follow them for years (Drouin, Paquette, Kucherov and Palat). I'm still mad that we didnt't draft Paquette, he play for my hometown in junior hockey, I have watch him junior n roughly 100 game. He's style was suitable for the NHL back then, he had size, speed, and was getting under other player skin. He like to talk a lot and will take **** from nobody.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do you let people get to you about Cally. He's been fine, disappeared the past few games but it's whatever. That bum Paquette has been nonexistent for 11 games straight. HF is where people come to overreact. You should try it some time

There are a couple of things bothering me. He gets called out after a game he is thrown on the 3rd and 4th lines with limited mins, and still is able to make plays and whatnot Likely one of the best set ups of the game. TKO was off, Stamkos line was blowing dog gave up two goals, and Callahan gets called out. ****ing Morrow man, if he scores this conversation does not happen. Hey ,not saying he has been great this series, far from it, he needs to score, and create more offense but there are guys with bigger concerns on this team.

They need to collect themselves, take these days off to think of the situation and need to play their best hockey on tuesday. But Coop needs to change these lines. You cannot expect much from Callahan when he is playing with 4th line guys. Put him with Flip and good things will happen, it's not very difficult, not sure what is Coops problem. I mean he literally managed to make the lines worse, and with TKO being off, we were a hot mess last night.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Oh shut up Michelle.

90221a1_oh_s_b-gr_01.jpg

My bad, that's Michelle Oh. Tell that idiot Montreal coach to shut up since he let PK slash without real punishment.

Isn't that Sandra Oh?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I honestly won't be surprised if this team looks like a dumpster fire for Game 6 and then pulls a miracle out of their butt for Game 7 (barring the zebras screwing us). That's been their story all season...choke away golden opportunities and then play their best hockey with their backs against the wall.

I also won't be shocked if we lose this series given how we've played lately.

Whatever poor play that has led to where we are now, we are still in the driver's seat with a home game left. If, before the series started, someone told me we'd be up 3-2 going into Game 6 I'd gladly take it. Granted, having seen how we've played, I'm not as confident now.

They need to come out like a team possessed. Hit everything that moves in the first 10 minutes and establish early that they're not going to lie down. Getting the first goal is also huge.

The extra day of rest will help us immensely. I feel like we're probably running on fumes by now. Hopefully a rejuvenated team might get our offense going.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm dissapointed and now terrified about this series. ALLLL the pressure is on Tampa now to win Tampa, and for some reason they haven't been playing all that well at home, they've been winning most their games on the road.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This team isn't built for the playoffs. Offense has disappeared outside of a handful of games.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Mark my words if we lose game 6 the refs and NHL will not let us win game 7.
The Cinderella story of the Habs coming back from 0-3 will be too much for them to not want to make a big pile of publicity **** out of.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Who here thinks we will win Game 6? Yes or No.

Because if you say no you are admitting you think we are about to commit a historic collapse.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Who here thinks we will win Game 6? Yes or No.

Because if you say no you are admitting you think we are about to commit a historic collapse.

This team is so bi-polar it's hard to predict. We've been lousy at home in the playoffs and haven't played well unless our backs to the wall. So, I'm going with no.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Ok? Well they are running out of chances for that 'A' game to show up, 1 or 2 games could be it for the rest of the season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Gambler's fallacy. Granted, I believe Therrien or one of the Habs was spouting the same thing when it was 3-0, so whatever. :P

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Ok? Well they are running out of chances for that 'A' game to show up, 1 or 2 games could be it for the rest of the season.

I bet they will play their A game in game 6... this team just does it all the time when they see themselves against the wall.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I didn't get to watch the game much. Is it time to panic?

No. They're slowly finding their game. The Penalties against were very ill-timed ones. They didn't directly result in goals against, but they derailed any momentum and pressure at even strength. 25 Scoring Chances For vs. 14 Against. The game was very close for Corsi Events too. MTL hit posts, TBL missed golden chances. Very even game imo. 2nd Period was the worst period for TBL.

Bottom Pairing(mainly Carle) has been an issue the past two games in particular.

The trend is that the Lightning are actually finding their game though. They were awful in game 3, slightly better in game 4 and even better in game 5(not good enough due to officials determining that the Habs committed no penalties). Price can still steal a game though. If the trend stays the same, he'll have to. If he does, I think the Habs win the series back in MTL in Gm 7.

I'll place the blame on Cooper and Carle if they do. Callahan has been a ghost for the most part, but Cooper is the one who sets the lines and refused to groom Drouin during the year. Cooper is the one who trots Carle out there instead of Nesterov or Barberio even.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I thought the last game was quite good, it was a close game but the desperation from Habs gave them an edge.

Goals were due to Carle an Sustr and we had no powerplays as the refs chose side early on.

I still have faith in this team :handclap:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
There hasn't been much talk about it but how about 3 PP chances for the Habs compared to 0 for us?

Yeah. That first Sustr penalty was a beauty. Crosschecked Gally in the face......

After Gallagher gave him the patented Lucic nutcracker. They didn't see that, though....

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Did you guys expect a 16-0 faultless run to the Cup ? Montréal is a +100 points team for a good reason. This is the playoffs, the competition is fierce and it's getting ugly, nobody looks great, well Chicago aside. We "out-chanced" Montréal by 11 scoring chances yesterday, it's not like they outplayed us all night long. We're up 3-2, this team plays its best hockey facing adversity and momentum is the most overrated element in the playoffs, Let's see what happens Tuesday.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Did you guys expect a 16-0 faultless run to the Cup ? Montréal is a +100 points team for a good reason. This is the playoffs, the competition is fierce and it's getting ugly, nobody looks great, well Chicago aside. We "out-chanced" Montréal by 11 scoring chances yesterday, it's not like they outplayed us all night long. We're up 3-2, this team plays its best hockey facing adversity and momentum is the most overrated element in the playoffs, Let's see what happens Tuesday.

to be fair Montreal hit 3 posts, and I don't see how Tampa can get 25 scoring chances vs 14 if they only had 24 shots?

That being said Tampa has an offensive gear that can come out at any moment, they are capable of scoring goals and the habs just aren't ina position where they can come back from a 2-3 goal deficit at any point.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
to be fair Montreal hit 3 posts, and I don't see how Tampa can get 25 scoring chances vs 14 if they only had 24 shots?

That being said Tampa has an offensive gear that can come out at any moment, they are capable of scoring goals and the habs just aren't ina position where they can come back from a 2-3 goal deficit at any point.

Because we are the masters of missing the net on easy chances

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

war-on-ice.com had it marked 25 SCF TBL and 14 SCF MTL.

The 2nd period and timely Penalties against derailed the Bolts. Killed all even strength momentum from TBL. I don't know how you call only 2 minors against MTL in that game and make sure to make them matching minors at that. I get the trip/embellish call on TJ in the 1st. But that Parenteau/Hedman scrum was a joke of an even up call. The ignoring of Gallagher's Lucic Special on Sustr, then calling of the understandable face jab was a joke as well.

There were a bevy of missed calls both ways as well, but when you give 3 PP to one team and 0 to another, it's a bit suspect. The Habs didn't play a clean enough game to deserve 0 minors called against. They got the benefit of some friendly officiating imo. They didn't score on the resultant PPs, but they were dangerous and it killed any 5v5 momentum the Bolts were generating.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
war-on-ice.com had it marked 25 SCF TBL and 14 SCF MTL.

The 2nd period and timely Penalties against derailed the Bolts. Killed all even strength momentum from TBL. I don't know how you call only 2 minors against MTL in that game and make sure to make them matching minors at that. I get the trip/embellish call on TJ in the 1st. But that Parenteau/Hedman scrum was a joke of an even up call. The ignoring of Gallagher's Lucic Special on Sustr, then calling of the understandable face jab was a joke as well.

There were a bevy of missed calls both ways as well, but when you give 3 PP to one team and 0 to another, it's a bit suspect. The Habs didn't play a clean enough game to deserve 0 minors called against. They got the benefit of some friendly officiating imo. They didn't score on the resultant PPs, but they were dangerous and it killed any 5v5 momentum the Bolts were generating.

Jerseys don't rip in half by themselves? Weird, considering both Callahan and Johnson had their jerseys magically tear themselves from their bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad