GDT: 5/8/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Yeah I'm not going to act as if we're looking good out there, but we're missing 2 of out 3 best forwards as well as 2 of our best 3 defensemen. The Panthers are a good team, we're not going to run them over with that many key guys missing.

As true as this might be, and it's a bit exacerbated in the case of tonight, the injury excuse feels a bit follow when you consider Florida's missing their best D, along with Verhaeghe. They've had their own problems, but they still look better against us. No two ways around it. We should've lost both games last time we met.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Apparently we have not idea how to play against them and we are in a bad condition...

My last great hope is a switch is flicked come playoffs, but man... things look so bad for us. I was hoping Vasy would bail us out tonight but even he's been awful.

At least if we get eliminated in round 1 they can have a nice long off season and come out not so damn tired next year. Guys have looked tired for months now

Reactions: Fabiobest

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As true as this might be, and it's a bit exacerbated in the case of tonight, the injury excuse feels a bit follow when you consider Florida's missing their best D, along with Verhaeghe. They've had their own problems, but they still look better against us. No two ways around it. We should've lost both games last time we met.
They're missing Ekblad, Very and Hornquist (who has been amazing for them).

Our players haven't given a shit in a few weeks, tbh.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I am hopeful that when we are healthy with all weapons on the ice we will outduel the panthers on home ice or away. It is never easy to repeat. Bucs will be facing the same mountain, but at least we got to see two teams become champs in the same year. Especially when that year was so shitty overall.

Reactions: Laus723

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
My last great hope is a switch is flicked come playoffs, but man... things look so bad for us. I was hoping Vasy would bail us out tonight but even he's been awful.

At least if we get eliminated in round 1 they can have a nice long off season and come out not so damn tired next year. Guys have looked tired for months now
I'm scared by the fact the team looks tired...but tired for real.
And we have to say that also Kich and Stammer won't be at 100%...and that's a problem.
Playing in this way means a 4-0/4-1 L next series.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yeah, they have some key players missing tonight as well, didn't stop them from playing like a team that wants to play for at least several more weeks. Trying to remember the last time Tampa looked like that against a team worth anything...

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
One thing that do worry me is how the team tend to talk around games but as soon as they step on the ice they don't play it that way.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I'm scared by the fact the team looks tired...but tired for real.
And we have to say that also Kich and Stammer won't be at 100%...and that's a problem.
Playing in this way means a 4-0/4-1 L next series.

This is where getting almost a full week before the playoffs should really help. We finish on Monday, and apparently Game 1 isn't supposed to be until the weekend. Hopefully that rest and relief can carry over.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
E06CdA3X0AEX7CL.jpg

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I really hope so...for real.
Because otherwise we're fu*

Agree. And I really don't want to overreact, especially since I've said on many occasions previously not to overreact to others, but we're at crunch time. We're facing our first round playoff opponent. The more they score, the more they beat us, the more they generally dominate playoff, the more confidence they gain.

They can't beat us if we're healthy with 86 and 91, but this isn't a video game. We don't plug Kuch and Stammer back in and see them immediately perform at their rating level. But we're going to have to hope we get 75-80% of that when they return and, more importantly, we're going to need them to return soon. Florida's depth is simply better than ours and their playmakers are better than ours otherwise. At least in terms of forwards, Florida has the two best on the ice right now, and they have the majority of the top-10/15. There's just no way around it.

And, to be honest, if we do lose in the first round without two of our best forwards, in many ways, that's not even a failure. In the context of the pre-season expectations, obviously it would be, but there's only so much you can do when you're missing too many of your best players at the wrong time. But hopefully that's not what it boils down to.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Not worried at all as long as our star players are healthy in the playoffs. Seriously not concerned in the slightest. Let the kitty cats feel good about themselves for a few days. They're in for a rude awakening as long as our players out hurt come back in the PO.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
We really need a new PP plan, the stupid drop pass back into the zone skating to their blueline just to turn it over at the blueline is getting annoying

Reactions: U55

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
in other news Cal Foote just scored for the Crunch, also has an assist tonight

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, we're not even going to try and turn this game around.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Why do our D men never reverse the puck against one forechecker to kill more time on the PK instead of dumping it?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
And to think we still have 1 more game against these guys before the playoffs. Guys are trying to send messages early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad