GDT: 5/8/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
we play better with a chip on our shoulder. We suck when everyone expects us to win easily. let the panthers gloat winning these regular season games against our c squad. I know it's more popular to go doom and gloom when things don't look good, but this wasn't even our team tonight. I love the fact the panthers think they made a statement from this game. Underestimating the heart of a champion is perfect in my eyes.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We'll have Kuch and Stammer back but they will be rusty and not in game shape. I'm hoping they can do most of their damage on the PP.

I'm worried with how physical this series is gonna be that these two might not make it through it
Maybe we'll have them back but Heddy, Rutta and McDonagh are dealing with health problems...
Like the 2014 post season...
4-0.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
At the risk of awkwardness, yes, I'm an Inter fan. But we're friends here. The rivalry doesn't exist in this forum...at least I hope not. ;)

But yes, it does go without much explanation that a first round exit would be extremely disappointing, even with that context noted. Fact is, this core should've already won a Cup prior to 2020. In that sense, rightly or wrongly, I still feel like they've underachieved in the greater picture. And we know the expansion draft and other cap problems in the near future will only make the chances of winning again in '22, '23, etc. that much more difficult. Time is running out to make the most of this team.
I asked you that because I wanted to tell you: "congratulations for the Serie A Championship" :)
You played a great season and the result was totally right (unfortunately for me xD ahahahaha).

Btw a first round exit for Tampa would be bad but, with the news we have about Heddy, Rutta and McDonagh (they're not sure to play the post season...Coop hopes and he's not sure)...it means they're dealing with problems.
Imho, we've few chances to repeat the great run we had last year.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I asked you that because I wanted to tell you: "congratulations for the Serie A Championship" :)
You played a great season and the result was totally right (unfortunately for me xD ahahahaha).

Btw a first round exit for Tampa would be bad but, with the news we have about Heddy, Rutta and McDonagh (they're not sure to play the post season...Coop hopes and he's not sure)...it means they're dealing with problems.
Imho, we've few chances to repeat the great run we had last year.

Grazie mio amico. It was a fun season, ending the 11 year Scudetto drought. I've only followed the club since the mid-2010s, so I had never seen them win a trophy until last week. I'm glad that drought is over, and I know you personally won't support this message, but hopefully it's the first of many successes to come to this club again in the near future. I'm sure Juventus will figure some things out over the upcoming transfer window.

And, yes, between the Lightning, Bucs, and Inter, the last nine months have been pretty wonderful. But hopefully there's more to come still. I keep perspective when in a general audience, but I let my greed go on display among people with the same common hope and goal. We'll have the rest of our lives to reflect and celebrate the 2020 championship. I want 2021, from a sporting POV and probably only a sporting POV, to be just as good as 2020 was.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Grazie mio amico. It was a fun season, ending the 11 year Scudetto drought. I've only followed the club since the mid-2010s, so I had never seen them win a trophy until last week. I'm glad that drought is over, and I know you personally won't support this message, but hopefully it's the first of many successes to come to this club again in the near future. I'm sure Juventus will figure some things out over the upcoming transfer window.

And, yes, between the Lightning, Bucs, and Inter, the last nine months have been pretty wonderful. But hopefully there's more to come still. I keep perspective when in a general audience, but I let my greed go on display among people with the same common hope and goal. We'll have the rest of our lives to reflect and celebrate the 2020 championship. I want 2021, from a sporting POV and probably only a sporting POV, to be just as good as 2020 was.
It depends on the players we are going to acquire... xD Because if Juve will acquire guys like Rabiot and Ramsey...beh...Johnson and Killorn look like Gretzky and Lemieux if compared with the other 2 in soccer xD xD

You said, perfectly, that last months were amazing. But this time, I'm not so confident about a repeat...it depends on the injuries we have to face. And, right now, the news are awful...

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
It feels like the team just doesn't care about these last few games. True, in the grand scheme, they do not matter a lot, but going into the Playoffs on a losing streak is not ideal.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Not worried about the result, how the game played out or whether we get home advantage or not.

Just concerned about the injuries.. thankfully there is some time to rest, we shouldn't risk anything in the last game.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
we play better with a chip on our shoulder. We suck when everyone expects us to win easily. let the panthers gloat winning these regular season games against our c squad. I know it's more popular to go doom and gloom when things don't look good, but this wasn't even our team tonight. I love the fact the panthers think they made a statement from this game. Underestimating the heart of a champion is perfect in my eyes.

I do feel as though there could be a little bit of exaggeration with the injuries going on to perhaps throw off the Panthers if we come out playing a little different. Not sure if that is the case but I guess hoping. I just want to see a good series. Been waiting for a fl series for a long time.

Reactions: U55 and Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad