GDT: 5/8/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Welp that's one way to make everyone forget about the Tom Wilson-Rangers revenge game. Lots of bad blood in this one.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Welp that's one way to make everyone forget about the Tom Wilson-Rangers revenge game. Lots of bad blood in this one.
isnt this what weve wanted though for so many years? finally have both Florida teams at probably their peak and now playing against each other in the playoffs for the first time ever

Reactions: Laus723

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Agree. And I really don't want to overreact, especially since I've said on many occasions previously not to overreact to others, but we're at crunch time. We're facing our first round playoff opponent. The more they score, the more they beat us, the more they generally dominate playoff, the more confidence they gain.

They can't beat us if we're healthy with 86 and 91, but this isn't a video game. We don't plug Kuch and Stammer back in and see them immediately perform at their rating level. But we're going to have to hope we get 75-80% of that when they return and, more importantly, we're going to need them to return soon. Florida's depth is simply better than ours and their playmakers are better than ours otherwise. At least in terms of forwards, Florida has the two best on the ice right now, and they have the majority of the top-10/15. There's just no way around it.

And, to be honest, if we do lose in the first round without two of our best forwards, in many ways, that's not even a failure. In the context of the pre-season expectations, obviously it would be, but there's only so much you can do when you're missing too many of your best players at the wrong time. But hopefully that's not what it boils down to.
I agree...but in some way, a first round loss would be quite disappointing...becuase I want to hope we'll be able to defend the Cup in the best way possible.

PS: tell me one thing If you want...the previous profile pic you had, was a pic of Inter Milan soccer team...?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Without Kuch ad Stammer, or with these 2 guys at 50% or low, they'll win 4-0 or 4-1.
No doubt about that.
We'll have Kuch and Stammer back but they will be rusty and not in game shape. I'm hoping they can do most of their damage on the PP.

I'm worried with how physical this series is gonna be that these two might not make it through it

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
E06Qf5MXEAAN75H

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I’m just as positive about our chances as I was 1 week ago. There was nothing to prove for us tonight.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I agree...but in some way, a first round loss would be quite disappointing...becuase I want to hope we'll be able to defend the Cup in the best way possible.

PS: tell me one thing If you want...the previous profile pic you had, was a pic of Inter Milan soccer team...?

At the risk of awkwardness, yes, I'm an Inter fan. But we're friends here. The rivalry doesn't exist in this forum...at least I hope not. ;)

But yes, it does go without much explanation that a first round exit would be extremely disappointing, even with that context noted. Fact is, this core should've already won a Cup prior to 2020. In that sense, rightly or wrongly, I still feel like they've underachieved in the greater picture. And we know the expansion draft and other cap problems in the near future will only make the chances of winning again in '22, '23, etc. that much more difficult. Time is running out to make the most of this team.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I remember telling some Lightning fans that when we initially got him and I was thoroughly blasted for it. Yeah....I really wish I was wrong.
When we traded 1sts for Coleman and Goodrow they both at least had 1 year remaining on their contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->