BRUINS GDT 5/6: ECSF Game 5: Rise Up For Rene: 3:18 PM ET: NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hate being right: Called it for tamp in five in the poll. Was hoping after the first game that I would be VERY wrong.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Well. Good effort. I thought there was a pretty good chance we'd get blown out of this game.

Get healthy. Reload. Good first taste for a lot of our young players.

Where will spend the Rick Nash money?

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
At this point I want any team from the West to win the Cup. In order, Nashville, Vegas, San Jose, Winnipeg.

I've developed a lot of dislike for the Pens & Caps over the last decade.

I've developed an even greater distaste for the Lightning in the last 10 days.

The West teams are all pretty "meh" to me, but I'll be rooting for whomever comes out of it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
As bad as this may sound, I didn't have much hope of it turning out any other way. We were outplayed for pretty much the entire game. Leaving game 1 aside, we really didn't look like we were in the same class as Tampa. They played a good series, so props to them- regardless of the bad reffing, and borderline to dirty stuff, they had our number. As per usual every year the Bruins don't get to the final, I am pulling for whoever comes out of the West.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Hey, a lot of critics said boston couldn't - and WOULDN'T - make it to the postseason. They did more than that this year with quite a few rooks in the lineup.

They nearly clinched the conference.

They put the dagger in Toronto's playoff hopes. That right there alone makes me feel better about this season. Keep it in perspective guys. We ALL were worried they were gonna lose that series. At least they lost to a better team, from the net-out.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
After the first game, thought that this would be a tight series. B’s just overmatched and too much youth and lack of size on the defense.

Can’t be unhappy with the season

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa is definitely the better team. But I was hoping Boston could push them to a 7 game series at least.

Losing in 5 kinda feels like a humiliation more than anything. But **** it. I'd rather see Tampa get to the cup over the Penguins.

Guess I'm hoping for the Caps to make it first though

Would’ve been at least 6 if not for officiating. But the end result would’ve likely been the same. Lightning figures us out after game 1

ViperGTS

Apr 19, 2018
I hope Marchand doesn't pull any funny business in the hand-shake line. Lose with grace.

No such quarter should be given in this series. Those a holes don’t deserve this series win. They act like they are so good when the zebras gifted them this series.

Head hunting pricks.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
What’s going to happen in 3 years? I’m honestly asking. Their best players will be 3 years older- that’s about it. There’s no mcdavid walking through the door. Their time is now.

Well they better hope Danato and a couple of their other forwards pan out as well as one of their D prospects.

Their supporting players and depth is still very young. Too young to be expected to carry the team in the immediate future.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Can't tell if it's the loss making me sick or the cookies, cola, and chips I ingested.

Moral of the story, don't consume garbage and you won't feel sick. Maybe next year the Bruins can serve up something palatable

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think this was very easily the worst series the Bruins have had since... I don't even know. You're probably getting into the 80s or something.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They need to not go into next season thinking Chara is a top defenseman anymore. He was gassed from game 1 on

Reactions: bryson21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad