BRUINS GDT 5/6: ECSF Game 5: Rise Up For Rene: 3:18 PM ET: NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Now that its over ...i want Wash to win cup but ousting the defending champs
Not goin b easy

Reactions: TCB

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Nice run folks and I hope they get better next year (they really need to fix our second/third lines and maybe adding a top 4 dman). That being said, NHL should ashamed by these referees: losing to a better team is totally fine, but referres giving them 3 games is just unnaceptable.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
End of the day , The Bruins overachieved

I would have been happy with anything better than last season (7-8th place and 1st round exit)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins had an excellent season and played through major injuries. The future is bright and there will be a Cup in our future sooner rather than later. I relish that we beat the Leafs and swept the Habs during the regular season. I just wish the officiating hadn't determined the outcome of this series but I admit Tampa was the better team...they just didn't need the extra help.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
20180505_105027.jpg

Therapy dog is available

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I’d root for Tampa personally but I don’t watch NHL outside of the Bruins. I’d prefer not to pay attention to a league that can’t stay consistent.
This is the right answer, actually.

Boycott the league until they hire competent officials

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
The older Krejci gets, yes I am for sure concerned about the center depth.

Do you think Donato will be confined to wing at the NHL level?

I’m not convinced Donato will step in to a top 6 role anytime soon. I hope I’m proven wrong but he needs some experience under him for a couple seasons to grow as a player. He gets pushed of the puck way too easily right now. His shot is lethal and he makes some good defensive plays. I think he’ll get there (in a top 6 role) but it may take a while. Reminds me a little of Michael Ryder with his shot.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They defied the expectations of many including my own.

I’m sad that the season is over but I am so proud of what they accomplished and how they overcame injuries to get this far.

We lost to a better team and we didn’t play our best but I have no doubt they will learn from this and come back stronger.

Our future is bright.

It will be interesting to hear about injuries now. I expect there to be many.
I think DeBrusk is banged up too.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I've already canceled cable and I use NHL.TV to watch the games. I also bought a new Bruins hat a few weeks ago.

I am cancelling NHL.TV and will not renew unless I at least hear acknowledgement from the league about the poor officiating and poor quality of the product that we have paid for.

I will still watch the Bs, but I will find other ways to do it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'll root for anyone other than TB or Pittsburgh.

This series should have gone 6 or 7 win or lose.

The officials should all lose their jobs. Game ruining and ruined a lot of joy this sport should bring. Disgusting.

TB was the better playing team right now considering health but a healthy Bruins team would not have looked so bad.

On to next season. Hopefully Backes is OK.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I dont get all the Chara hate.... I know he is slow, sometimes pinches at the worst possible time, passes 5 feet over the stick etc but the guy still does way more good than bad overall. Literally almost single handedly got Toronto to question their "Generational" best player. Than kept Tampa's top line stale for most of this series. Guy still prevents goals at an elite level warts and all. Is he a no 1 dman still? Maybe not, but if not, he might be the best 2/3 dman in the league lol.

He wasn't good in this series, period. Gave the puck away with regularity, got burned by speed repeatedly, made bad poke checks, pinched at wrong times and couldn't recover. The problem is he wears the C and is going to get the ice time. It wouldn't be so bad if he had a McQuaid role where you could roll him out at the right times against the right teams.

I love Chara for all he's done and all he's brought in the past, and as a person, but the team can't afford that. Yeah, the whole team played like shit for the most part, no question, but he is the leader and logs a lot of minutes out there.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don’t get to watch the Providence Bruins games at all but I just remember JFK ‘s one NHL game and he looked like a deer in the headlights . Much improved ?

I don’t think it’s fair to judge anyone off of one game. But we’ll see for sure. I wouldn’t expect an impact year from him next year but you never know.

Did we expect it from DeBrusk?

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
Riley Nash is clearly hurt still. I wouldn’t let him go just yet.

In about 7 weeks they won't have a say in whether he's stays or goes. He had a good season and elevated his market value so he's probably going to get paid at least 2.5-3.0 per, a la Chris KELLY a fews years back, too much in my opinion.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
At this point i'm okay if they let both Nashes and Schaller go in the offseason. I didn't think I would be, but I've warmed up to the idea now.

Is anybody else a bit concerned with Center depth, besides me? Or defensive depth?
Ya me for sure. They need to find a 25-27 year old guy with some hands to play on that 2nd line.

Someone to bridge the gap between Bergeron/Krejci and their guys in Providence.

Reactions: Iceage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad