BRUINS GDT 5/6: ECSF Game 5: Rise Up For Rene: 3:18 PM ET: NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterwill

Apr 13, 2006
Bear Island
Missed about 90% of the season because internet was a luxury I couldn't afford for a while, so I can't say much about the roster during the off-season.

Except I hope to God I never see Rick Nash put on a Bruins jersey ever again.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Sounds like you need a Marchand lick.

The guy is getting too old. He’s not going to be able to handle 82 games plus playoffs next season. He was constantly getting beat to pucks by the forcheck all playoffs. He needs to play less next season, not more.

Not for $6mm

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They defied the expectations of many including my own.

I’m sad that the season is over but I am so proud of what they accomplished and how they overcame injuries to get this far.

We lost to a better team and we didn’t play our best but I have no doubt they will learn from this and come back stronger.

Our future is bright.

It will be interesting to hear about injuries now. I expect there to be many.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Who to root for now?

Tampa? Hell no, eff them
Pittsburgh? No effin' way
Washington? Not a chance
San Jose? No way I root for Joe Thornton ever again
Nashville? With Subban, LOL
Las Vegas? Nope, haven't put their time in
Winnipeg? The least gross of all the options

I’d root for Tampa personally but I don’t watch NHL outside of the Bruins. I’d prefer not to pay attention to a league that can’t stay consistent.

Reactions: McGarnagle

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
This was a great team that was just beat down before the playoffs even started. Sometimes just not meant to be.

But game 4 was the killer this series. The krug injury and then the hold on Mcavoy for the tying goal was just the cherry on top on how much of a mess they were going into these playoffs.

This team will surprise a lot of people next year if they stay healthy. People think this team is going downward.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Who to root for now?

Tampa? Hell no, eff them
Pittsburgh? No effin' way
Washington? Not a chance
San Jose? No way I root for Joe Thornton ever again
Nashville? With Subban, LOL
Las Vegas? Nope, haven't put their time in
Winnipeg? The least gross of all the options

My rankings:
1. Nashville (because it would make Montreal look stupider)
2. San Jose
3. Vegas (I don't respect them at all as an expansion team, but I don't *dislike* them)
4. Tampa (Honestly other than JT Miller and Paquette, I still don't hate them...they just got lucky here)
5. Pittsburgh (I'm sick of them, but Kessel winning always makes me laugh)
6. Washington (I like the story of them continuing to choke though, plus Ovechkin and Wilson are goons who screwed us out of a long playoff run last year by headhunting Carlo and Krug in game 82)
7. Winnipeg (f*** that dirty goon team and Paul Maurice, go back to Atlanta)

Reactions: bluetib and dabid

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
At this point i'm okay if they let both Nashes and Schaller go in the offseason. I didn't think I would be, but I've warmed up to the idea now.

Is anybody else a bit concerned with Center depth, besides me? Or defensive depth?

The older Krejci gets, yes I am for sure concerned about the center depth.

Do you think Donato will be confined to wing at the NHL level?

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
Would have been nice to extend a playoff run but at the end of the day, I thought we were 50/50 to just make the playoffs. Better team won but the officiating was terrible nonetheless. On a separate note, anyone else watching the CBC get the urge to punch Paul Romanuk in the face? %$#^ he's a weasel, he offsets Jack Edwards biased towards times infinity.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm just going to say it: Chara was ass in these playoffs and I am not really looking forward to seeing that next year.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I dont get all the Chara hate.... I know he is slow, sometimes pinches at the worst possible time, passes 5 feet over the stick etc but the guy still does way more good than bad overall. Literally almost single handedly got Toronto to question their "Generational" best player. Than kept Tampa's top line stale for most of this series. Guy still prevents goals at an elite level warts and all. Is he a no 1 dman still? Maybe not, but if not, he might be the best 2/3 dman in the league lol.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
They defied the expectations of many including my own.

I’m sad that the season is over but I am so proud of what they accomplished and how they overcame injuries to get this far.

We lost to a better team and we didn’t play our best but I have no doubt they will learn from this and come back stronger.

Our future is bright.

It will be interesting to hear about injuries now. I expect there to be many.

Could not have said it better myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad