Post-Game Talk: 5-4 ot win--the year of the one goal games

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The guys are dominant offensively, and that's without Hall. I don't care if they are not Selke candidates. Improve the defense and you'll see them win a LOT more games.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The boys believe they can come back in games even when they are down a goal or two. I don't believe it means that they now believe they can now do whatever they want.

Improve the defense and this team is miles and miles better. Until then I don't believe Babcock could get more out of this roster.

no doubt, people are making it sound like its the oilers plan to let the other team have a few goals. This team needs an anchor on D to play 25+ mins as a plus player. I think Klefbom will be that guy but thats 2-4 years away, we need a seabrook as a stopgap.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
It's not just the D though - I cringe every time Roy's line is hemmed in the defensive zone.

Everyone keeps talking about needing to sign Roy, but why stop there? Why not try to get an even better 2C?

How much of this is Roy playing with Yakupov, and how much is it simply Yakupov gaining confidence, and actually having an NHL vet center play with him?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
It's not just the D though - I cringe every time Roy's line is hemmed in the defensive zone.

Everyone keeps talking about needing to sign Roy, but why stop there? Why not try to get an even better 2C?

How much of this is Roy playing with Yakupov, and how much is it simply Yakupov gaining confidence, and actually having an NHL vet center play with him?

Oilers will only be able to do so much. Need to address the glaring holes first before dealing with a 2C issue (assuming they can get Roy signed). Sure, would be nice to have someone more defensively sound at the 2C spot, but the reality is you fix the giant flood in your basement before worrying about painting the trim on your bedroom window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad