GDT: 5/26/15 - 8:00PM EDT - #1 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Man I don't even know what to say about the ****** defensive coverage. I don't know which goal numbers they were but Carle diving to the ice and putting himself completely out of the play and that horrible 3 on 1 were the worst moments for me. Oh and Stralman and Hedman both being within 5 feet of the guy who scored into the open side of the net and neither attempting to clear him.

Overall the defense was really bad. Every pairing made at least one major mistake. I can't believe we went from that tight controlled game in the last one to blown coverage everywhere tonight.

sonny side up

Dec 30, 2006
the dark room
www.flickr.com
I dont comment often any more.. but for ****s sake... this team has no god damn killer instinct. We need someone with some true grit and fire. Lucic would be welcomed with open arms from me. NO FIRE IN THE BELLY OF THESE BOYS!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Things to help our bottom 6 next year.

Pray erne comes thru.
Paquette stick handle and practice shooting
brown learning to hit a net on this planet
morrow should be gone so no need to see his terrible play anymore

everything else is meh.

Running two lines with an occasional good shift by the bottom 6 will not elevate you to a cup. How many goals foes our bottom 6 have? How about anaheim?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So let's eliminate them in their house Friday!

Game 7, on the road, for the chance to play in the Stanley Cup Finals...

tumblr_m1xhxemj811r1ylzx.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I dont comment often any more.. but for ****s sake... this team has no god damn killer instinct. We need someone with some true grit and fire. Lucic would be welcomed with open arms from me. NO FIRE IN THE BELLY OF THESE BOYS!

Tons of players on our team playing playoff hockey learning still. I still think Adam Erne makes this team next year. Goal one get drouin in top six put Killorn in a 3rd line role that improves depth.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
New York scores 2 goals on a 6 shots on net period in the first. One goal is on their very first shot, the second was deflected by J.T. into the net. Should've been a disaster incoming but they didn't give up and finished the period 13 scoring chances to 5 at even strength (15 to 6 in all situations). On a normal day, you don't end up trailing, period. The 2nd period remained scoreless but we're not being outplayed... Then we allow that 3rd goal 3 minutes into the 3rd and that was clearly too much to overcome.

All series long we've been the team that created more scoring opportunities, Lundqvist finds another gear in elimination games but we still scored 3 on him yesterday... If we can repeat a similar effort in the 1st, and we clearly can, there's a lot of chance we're the team leading after 20 minutes. Tampa has been playing his best hockey with their backs against the wall and they're actually a pretty dominant team on the road in the post-season, all the pundits expect Lundqvist to blank us, pressure is on them.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Man I don't even know what to say about the ****** defensive coverage. I don't know which goal numbers they were but Carle diving to the ice and putting himself completely out of the play and that horrible 3 on 1 were the worst moments for me. Oh and Stralman and Hedman both being within 5 feet of the guy who scored into the open side of the net and neither attempting to clear him.

Overall the defense was really bad. Every pairing made at least one major mistake. I can't believe we went from that tight controlled game in the last one to blown coverage everywhere tonight.

This. I don't know why we are singling out Carle and Sustr except they are convenient scapegoats.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Part of me wishes Barberio and Witkowski would be playing over Carle and Sustr. Yes, the whole defense was just pathetic. But those two have stood out more to me.

Frustrating game. Pops said it was over after that third goal. I wanted to believe we had something left. I kept thinking of the Hawks getting 2 goals in such a short time.

Then it got uglier.

I'm conflicted on whether I want to punish myself and watch the game.

I was so ready and stoked to see the trophy presentation tonight in person, and instead I left angry and annoyed.

Please guys. One more game.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
What a wake up call for this team. If the Lightning want to win they need to bring it.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Very disappointing. They should be embarrassed. I hate the "blame the officials" garbage. Bish hasn't looked all that great. He's not elite even though Cooper said so. 7 goals at home? Pathetic.

We are a very young team and this is a learning experience. Rangers are money at home in game 7. I do not expect a win. Tough one to swallow.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's embarrassing to lose 7-3 at home. I stopped watching after Rangers' fourth goal so can't comment on the goals after that but boy oh boy, our defense sucked major ass tonight. Bishop let in five goals but it's pretty tough to blame him when the defense didn't even try to help him. I'm not expecting a win on Friday knowing Rangers' and Lundqvist's record in the game sevens but I'm still hopeful we can get it done.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
They've disappointed me enough to switch my avatar. I'll watch Friday, but I'm not expecting anything. What upsets me the most is this attitude that this season is just a trial run/learning experience. I appreciate this team is young, but that doesn't excuse completely forgetting to play hockey. Expecting to get back to the ECF is risky proposition at best. We may not be this deep in a long time and we're just choking away this opportunity.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Five goals in one period is horrific. Five goals in the third at home in an elimination game? Sad guys. They ripped our arms out of our sockets then clubbed us to death with them.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Don't care about the Rangers being money at msg! At home in a game 7! I fully expect a lightning win go bolts! You guys need to get behind this team and have faith!

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
I'm not even mad, I was laughing by the time 6 and 7 went in. It was just that sad of an effort at that point. Total breakdown. I had a feeling before the game even started it was going to be a stinker, this team has no killer instinct. :shakehead

Worst thing is we going to have to listen to the Ranger fans talk **** for the next two days. :facepalm:

Looking forward to Friday, this team plays well when their backs are to the wall and they have something to prove. Getting beat that embarrassingly in game 6 can only help kick them up mentally a level for game 7. Hope Bishop can get his head in the game.

Win or lose they are going to give the Rangers a hell of a fight come Friday.:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad