GDT: 5/26/15 - 8:00PM EDT - #1 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Also, is Matt carle so bad we don't have a player discussion for him? My feelings toward this organization will turn sour if this plug is here in september. God help the fan base that gets him next, if that occurs.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I still think Cooper got out-coached. Alain VIsghslieanult knows that the Lightning are the faster team and the more offensively creative team. They also were the home team looking to close out a series. Given the Lightning's style, the Rangers let the Lightning play fast and loose, hoping that it would lead to great opportunities going the other way. Once they grabbed the lead - the strategy became even more apparent.

In the last few games, the team that has pushed the pace - has lost. Clearly the counter has become stronger than the jab.

I don't think that was what Cooper wanted them to do, so I don't think he was outcoached at all. The players failed to execute and got too caught up in trying to tie the game.

Doesn't sound like he wanted his team to sell out on offense the way they did.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Also, is Matt carle so bad we don't have a player discussion for him? My feelings toward this organization will turn sour if this plug is here in september. God help the fan base that gets him next, if that occurs.

I honestly don't see anyone taking him for future considerations... That contract.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I don't think that was what Cooper wanted them to do, so I don't think he was outcoached at all. The players failed to execute and got too caught up in trying to tie the game.

Doesn't sound like he wanted his team to sell out on offense the way they did.

That's not how I interpret his quote. Sounds like he's saying we were playing too passively because we thought we had a lead?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I honestly don't see anyone taking him for future considerations... That contract.

I know what you mean, ****, everyone with eyes knows what you mean but toronto accepted brewer lol. Wishful thinking?

Im not a fan that looks for scapegoats but my god, this guy does everything wrong.

Limp wristers turned over at the blue Line. Doesn't hustle to the puck, meaning less time to make a play. Horrible stick after he misses the first swipe. No physicality.

The funniest thing, we've had this ****ing guy TWICE in tampa sweaters. Wtf. At the time, he was the only option, but this is bad there is no erasing the pain this guy has caused.

Matt, if you see this, just roll in your money because you're **** at hockey. Also, take your overgrown giraffe with you. You BOTH suck.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
So frustrating to watch this team allow 7 goals after shutting a team out. No one gives us a chance for Friday.. does that mean we win 5-1? I just have no idea anymore.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
So frustrating to watch this team allow 7 goals after shutting a team out. No one gives us a chance for Friday.. does that mean we win 5-1? I just have no idea anymore.

Who cares. Getzlaf and perry are going to embarassing bishop even more so than what's happening now if we advance. this is disheartening. Gah I'm still pissed!!!

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I know what you mean, ****, everyone with eyes knows what you mean but toronto accepted brewer lol. Wishful thinking?

Im not a fan that looks for scapegoats but my god, this guy does everything wrong.

Limp wristers turned over at the blue Line. Doesn't hustle to the puck, meaning less time to make a play. Horrible stick after he misses the first swipe. No physicality.

The funniest thing, we've had this ****ing guy TWICE in tampa sweaters. Wtf. At the time, he was the only option, but this is bad there is no erasing the pain this guy has caused.

Matt, if you see this, just roll in your money because you're **** at hockey. Also, take your overgrown giraffe with you. You BOTH suck.

Off topic but I would take Brew over Carle 10/10 times.

It's like every time the guy is on the ice there is AT LEAST one turnover that leads to a scoring chance.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I said this after are game 5 win we will win game 7 chin up! Rangers should trade for bishop he looks like Roy in that building.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Doubt that very seriously. It's going to be another 5 on 7 affair for the Bolts to battle through, plus they'll have to clean up their D-Zone Coverage. The combination of the two may be insurmountable for a young team. But stranger things have happened.

Only way we win is to repeat game 5 and pray the refs are fair or we jump out on them early and give the officials no chance to even up the game.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Who cares. Getzlaf and perry are going to embarassing bishop even more so than what's happening now if we advance. this is disheartening. Gah I'm still pissed!!!

Bishop shouldn't be embarrassed about tonight imo. The D and F in front of him should though. The abandoned him in the 1st for a little bit, then the team started carrying play for most of the 1st and 2nd. They completely abandoned Bishop in the 3rd. Just an impatient and frantic game from the Bolts in the D-zone imo. Didn't trust the system, didn't trust the process.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

It's like every time the guy is on the ice there is AT LEAST one turnover that leads to a scoring chance.

Same and I hated him. At least brewer played defense, he was just slow as ****. which made him awful but he's better than carle. Carle cannot even shoot. he gets out there, and the puck is suddenly a grenade.

Carle: "andrej, I'm not going to make a smart play, BEN! GET READY! HERES A ONE TIMER FOR BRASSARD!"
Sustr: "pass it"
Carle: "there's somebody coming, I'm gonna stop skating BEN! GET READY! HERE COMES A PASS TO THEIR DMAN AND I'LL SCREEN YOU!"
Sustr: "please stop, it's going to be my fault again."

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Bishop shouldn't be embarrassed about tonight imo. The D and F in front of him should though. The abandoned him in the 1st for a little bit, then the team started carrying play for most of the 1st and 2nd. They completely abandoned Bishop in the 3rd. Just an impatient and frantic game from the Bolts in the D-zone imo. Didn't trust the system, didn't trust the process.

I agree but he has been bad this series. Some of these goals....they make those Mtl bloopers look good

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I agree but he has been bad this series. Some of these goals....they make those Mtl bloopers look good

I don't think anything could make the softies in MTL series look good. The leaky 5 hole goals with traffic are pretty bad, but the lob shots going off bodies in front that the Rangers scored on aren't on him. D needs to do a better job clearing the crease/fronting the traffic and forwards need to do what they did in gm5, clog shooting lanes period.

Neither goalie has been stellar in this series to be fair. Hell Lundqvist can't stop Kucherov to save his ass. Kucherov just absolutely owns him.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

There's almost a 2M dollar difference in the cap hit, too.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
If we can't prevent the kind of meltdown that happened in period 3, we don't deserve to win. Ergo, I don't think we're gonna win. Way too sloppy this series.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I just feel like the atrocious bottom six is effecting the entire team.

Five losses at home, and what, four of them have been a complete embarrassment?

What made this team so good in the regular season was four lines who could pressure you and score goals. Now it's just two.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ugh stings that we could've closed this out tonight and be locked into the cup finals already, at least this isn't like 2011 where we won game 6 and everyone was confident going into game 7, this year we're already bummed out beforehand!

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Carle sucks, but the entire team blew goat wang tonight. Offensively for most of the game, the Bolts carried play but weren't particularly dangerous IMO. Perimeter play won't get it done versus the Rangers.

Angel is right. If you can't put it together for more than a game at a time, you're probably not deserving of winning a series. Of course the same can be said of the Rangers.

Still one win from getting hammered by the Ducks in the SCF though. One more turn at the table playing with house money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad